37

True to Elena words, next day there was a huge line formed outside the gates of Santiago family mansion. Even though the guards didn't let anyone enter on Lucifer's orders and every guy was sent back with force still Ivy felt overwhelmed and a little  scared.

"Don't worry little star." Currently, she is hiding in her father's embrace and refuses to let him go. Lucifer sighs and rubs the back of her head.

Alessio peeks inside the room already dressed for school but after seeing Ivy's state, he leaves without a word.

"Where is Ivy?" Denver is waiting patiently for him near his car.

"Can you blame her? She's troubled with Elena's sick move. It's best that she skip today." Alessio sighs. Denver just nods his head agreeing.

They both drove to the school but halfway they found the same guys chasing them.

"Really?" Denver grumbles annoyed.

"I am glad that she's not here with us." Alessio chuckles darkly and stops the car.

Denver grabs his gun and steps out of the car. Upon his sight, the cars reverses and drives away from them. Denver rolls his eyes and gets back into the car.

On the other side Icy finally falls asleep in her father's embrace. Valentino is softly smiling watching her drooling all over Lucifer's suit clad chest. Lucifer does look bothered with this. He just keeps running his fingers through her hair while doing his paperwork.

"Dad...I can bring her to her room." Valentino offers but Lucifer just waves him off. 

"Let her be. I regret the time when I wasn't with her. I should have been there for her." Valentino's smile falters as he mirrors his father's guilt stricken expression.

"We can't change the past, dad. I am glad that she's with us now."

****************

Two days later, Lucifer finally gave her permission to visit the orphanage. Micah and Denver were tagging along with her. Yesterday, Elena came to the mansion again to argue about same Ivy's wedding matter but Lucifer handled her very well just like last time.

With pant up frustration and rage, she stomped out.

Micah looks at the skip of Ivy's moves with amusement shining in his eyes. She's just like a small kid. Her personality have changed drastically from the moment they meet her to now but she's coming back to her old self.

First she was bubbly and awkwardly blabbering mess but facing the messed up times and finally coming back to her family, she became timid, a little shy and soft spoken. But it was changing.

Greta greets them and leads them inside. Ivy glances around the place where she grew up with a tiny smile spread across her lips.

"Ivy!" A enthusiastic Cherry her bestfriend popped in front of her vision. Ivy's eyes widens when she is pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"Oh I missed you stupid girl." Cherry cries as she tightens her hold around Ivy's small frame.

Micah and Denver let her catch up with the others but kept a watchful eye on Greta and in their surroundings. Greta was looking quite nervous and she was keep avoiding their gaze.

An hour later, Denver announces that it is time to go. After hugging everyone and with a promise to meet them soon, Ivy reluctantly takes her leave and follows her brothers outside.

She sighs while getting into the backseat. Denver was in the passanger seat and Micah was driving. One last time, she glances at the orphanage as they drive out from there.

There is comforting silence in the air. Ivy is watching some tiktok videos through the ride when suddenly Micah abruptly steps on the breaks.

Ivy looks in front with worried gaze to see a car suddenly came in front of them to block their way.

Her eyes widens when Sinister and Vikram rushes out of the vehicle.

"What the hell?" Denver murmurs while reaching for his gun.

"There's a bomb implanted in your car." Vikram tells them calmly.

Ivy's jaw drops.

"Get out Ivy." Denver tells her while him and Micah exits the car.

Upon seeing her frozen in her seat, Sinister, himself, opens the door and grabs her wrist to drag her out.

He drags her at the safe distance and stands in front of her to shield her and sure enough within other second, the explosion occurs.

Ivy finds herself shaking from head to toe.

Her legs refuses to hold her body weight and she collapses. Sinister just glances down at her blankly without speaking a word.

I hope you guys like the double updates. What do you think about the characters growth? Or am I making Greta sound too suspicious? lol...

Get early access to the completed book on patreon. Link's in my profile or in patreon app or site, you can directly search for my account name davina_k_cruz

Make sure to check out my other books... Maybe you'd like them...