14

No proofreading is done

"You can start work from tomorrow." Diana smiles at Ivy and much to Ivy's assurance give her a job with five hour shift and the pay they discussed is also better than any other places she ever worked for. Eliza leads Ivy outside the diner. 

"I will drop you back to your place." He motions her towards his car but Ivy shakes her head declining. 

"It's fine I can manage." He narrows his eyes at her response.

"I wasn't asking!" 

Ivy frowns when he harshly opens the door and motions her again. Without seeing other option, she enters in. He slams the door shut making her jump. 

He slides in the driver seat and drives off towards the orphanage. Upon reaching there, Ivy was about to exit the car but suddenly something clicks in her mind. She fishes her new phone out of the pocket and tries to hand it to Eliza.

"Umm Valentino gave it to me this morning. Can you please give it back to him? I don't need this." Eliza looks at the device and then back at her face.

"No! Now get out and keep it." His straight up rudeness almost makes her eyes teary but she silently gets out. Eliza stares at her and when she finally entered through the orphanage door, he drives off in a blur.

*************

Ivy was laying on the bed when her new phone starts to ring loudly. She jerks up from the bed and grabs it. 'Alessio's name is popping on the screen. She hesitantly answers his call. 

"Hello."

"Hey Ivy. What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I was just laying on the bed." Ivy hugs her pillow while saying this.

"Ohh. Did you like your new work place?"

"It's good. Umm Diana is super nice and I can't wait to start working." A smile automatically lights up on her features upon the mention of her new job.

"That sounds great." Alessio chuckles.

"What are you doing now?"

"Me? Well father have assigned me some important work and I am just doing it. Wait the most important thing, Denver will take you to school tomorrow."

"What? Wait. You aren't gonna come to school tomorrow and Denver doesn't have to do it. I can manage on m--" Ivy rambles but Alessio cuts her off.

"Ivy! You don't need to worry and I will be back in the school by the lunchtime tomorrow." He assures her.

"Ok but I am gonna miss you. You are my only friend." 

"I am gonna miss you too. I will try to reach you as soon as possible."

"Promise?" 

"Yes Ivy, promise. Ok I have to go now. Bye."

"Bye. Take care."

*************

As Alessio said last night, Denver was waiting for her outside the orphanage. But what caught Ivy's attention is his bike.

"I don't think it's a good idea." She whispers staring at the vehicle horrified. Without giving her time to resist, he drops a helmet on her head and clicks it shut.

"It's the best. Now get on." His voice always gives 'I don't care' type of vibes. Ivy gets on and hesitantly places her hands on his shoulder.

"If you love to fly off in air then you can keep your hands here." He chuckles.

"I am scared." She tells him back. Better tell it now or maybe she won't even get time to tell him later if she really fell.

"Don't worry. I won't let you get hurt, trust me. Now hold on tight." His voice for the first time ever sounds gentle and the reassurance it provided, makes Ivy believe his words. She hugs him tightly and soon their bike is blurring past in the streets.

Ivy's head is swarming around when they finally reaches the school grounds. Ivy is literally shaking in her shoes when Denver finally stops the bike. He gets off and raises his brow after seeing Ivy hunched over the bike.

He literally lifts her up with his one arm and settles her down on the ground. As soon as her feet touches the ground, her balance stumbles but he grabs her again by her shoulder and rubs her back.

"You are fine..."

"Thanks for the ride. It was just little overwhelming." She breathes out heavily.

"You will get used to it." His words makes her a snap her head in his direction. What was he trying to indicate?

"Lets get to the class." Denver sure does know the perfect timing to change the topic. He walks forward and Ivy follows behind him silently.

"Wait. You have a same class with me." 

"Yes! But I don't really come here often." He shrugs and slumps down on the seat where mostly Alessio or sometimes Ivy uses to sit. Ivy sits on the chair beside him frowning when he puts his legs on the table.

"Why don't you come often then?" Ivy can't help herself but ask him.

"You sure do ask lot of questions. Keep quiet and pay attention." At the same time, the teacher enters in the class. His mouth gaps like a fish after seeing Denver sitting in the very back but he doesn't say anything same goes to the rest of the class.

Nobody really understands why Ivy has gotten the privilege to stay in the company of the Santiago's. Why does the whole family is interested in her? This question keeps ringing in everyone's and also Ivy's own mind.