10

Lucifer Santiago takes a sip of his drink and stares at the huge photo frame hanging on one of the wall of his room. The more he looks at the photo of his late wife Elena Santiago, the more bitter memories hit him. In the picture she is heavily pregnant and smiling widely staring at the camera ahead of her.

I will never forgive you. I don't want you ever come near my daughter.

Lucifer smashes the glass on the floor in anger as his wife's words rings in his mind.

"Father, Ivy is up." Denver informs him. Lucifer looks at him and nods his head. Sensing his father's quietness and anger shining eyes, Denver takes his que to leave.

Lucifer doesn't bothered to go in Ivy's room to meet her but instead he makes his way into the basement where as Eliza was ordered, he had brought Ivy's bulleys in.

Lucifer decides to give these kids another chance to live after showering his wrath on them until they were barely breathing and one manages to go into a lifetime coma due to the traumatic experience.

**********

Ivy has finally come into her right senses. She is staring at the odd medical tubes and wires that are going into her dainty wrists and arms.

"Hii Ivy."

She glances up to find Alessio standing at the doorframe. He smiles at her but Ivy stares at him weakly. He steps in and takes a seat beside her on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. Ivy just shurgs lightly in response.

"You are not mad?" She asks him slowly. He shakes his head before responding.

"Why would I stay mad at such pretty girl?" He chuckles and lightly pinches her cheek.

"I want to go home."

The smile on Alessio's face abruptly vanishes in millisecond but he nods his head.

"First you need to have breakfast and then I will myself take you back." Ivy wanted to decline but after seeing Alessio's persistence, she finally agrees and nods her head.

After the delicious breakfast, Alessio offers more like directly picks her up in his arms.

"You need to stay on the bedrest for until the next entire week. Don't worry about schoolwork or anything. I will help you so don't forget that I am always here for you." He tells her and finally reaches the awaiting limousine.

As they drives out from the mansion, Lucifer looks at the car while standing near his study's balcony window. Valentino is also standing beside him.

"Do you think it would be better pushing her out of our life just like that even after knowing that she is a part of our family, she is our heart."

"It is for best." Lucifer replies to him and gazes emotionlessly at the dark clouds covering the entire sky. It is going to be hard but again it is for her better.

**********

Ivy finds herself standing in front of the school gates at the fourth day of her bedrest. Even Greta and others tried to stop her from getting ready for school in this early morning but Ivy's stubbornness won.

She takes a step inside and her eyes immediately notices a change that the students try to keep their distance from her, they are staring at her fearfully.

Ivy ignores it and slowly walks towards her first class. In the middle of the first hour, the door slams open and a very angry Alessio steps in.

"I told you to be on the bedrest for the entire week." He almost sounds like he is controlling hard to not to scold her for her irrelevant behaviour and actions.

"But I feel fine.." Lie! Her ribs are killing her.

With that said, she completely turns her attention to the teacher's speech. The absence of queen bee and her other tormentors arises many questions in her mind but she ignores this and continue with her day.

At the end of the day, she jumps a little in surprise when a car honks from behind her. Looking back she finds Denver's car.

"Get in!" He tells her emotionlessly.

"But I feel like walking." She tells him back and turns her head straight.

"I can always use a little force and throw you in the car." Ivy freezes in her track at his words. With a heavy sigh that only inflams the pain in her body, she slides into the passanger seat.

Denver drops her off at the orphanage where Greta is already waiting for her.

"How was your day, dear?" Ivy looks at her and gives her a small smile.

"It was just good."

Upon reaching her room back she lays down on her small bed. Her heart aches when the small memory of Coco comes in front of her mind. The memories continues to haunt her but she manages to fall on the deep slumber while slowly lifting up the whole invisible weight she is carrying on her small shoulders.

His little star is completed on Patreon. Right now it is available to all tiers but later it would be only available for Shining star tiers.. Updating schedule on wattpad will be one chapter once a week... Anyway the Patreon link is given in the profile and just giving you a heads-up that Older brothers previous first version 'Her Seven deadly brothers' is started on patreon and The princess and her devil brothers sequel will be starting soon. On Wattpad it will be available once my ongoing books will complete