41

Ivy finally cools her spiked anxiety and anger down but in the end she was embarassed by herself. One side of her told her that Hayden really had it coming but she still felt sorry.

Maybe she should apologize?

With this thought, she makes her way downstairs for dinner. With a bruised face and a bandage on nose, Hayden was stuffing his face with food but he pauses as Ivy enters in the room.

Elena, Jayden looks amused, rest of the family looks ignorant or maybe unaware of who actually ruined Hayden's face. It would be hard to imagine sweet, timid Ivy as a culprit.

"Oh come come Ivy sit here." Jayden smiles widely as he pats the chair between him and Hayden. Hayden's head snaps at him and he glares at his twin but gives a uncomfortable glance in Ivy's direction. He clears his throat when their eyes meets.

"Umm hii Ivy."

Ivy is stunned hearing her name instead of 'ugly' coming out from Hayden's mouth. Just then she made up her mind that she isn't going to apologize.

"Hey." Instead she smiles at him and gets settled between twins. Vikram is watching the whole interaction with interested eyes. As they are eating in comfortable silence, Seth decides to break it.

"So Ivy." Ivy looks up at him. For some reason, Seth gives her more creeps than anyone else. This must be the way he stares at her.

"Yes.." Ivy replies in a small voice.

"What have you planned next as your graduation is done?"

Ivy gulps her fear down before speaking in a straightforward and clear tone.

"I have discussed with Papa already about this. I want to enter in medical line."

Seth narrows his eyes. Whereas Sinister and Vikram are impressed at her choice.

"Really? Don't you think that you should concentrate on settling your life? You are turni--" Ivy feels uncomfortable as Seth continues speaking but Vikram decides to open his mouth for her rescue.

"It's her life and it's her choice."

Seth's jaw clenches a little but then he lets out a forced chuckle.

"That's nice Ivy... Twins will be joining Seth's 'business' but I wouldn't really mind if they want to continue further study." Elena changes the topic and cleverly diverting the attention at twins who made a face at the name of further studying.

**************** Ten months later****

Today is the last day of Ivy in Lombardi family household. She is excited to go back to 'Santiago mansion' but it does not mean that she would dash out to cry in her brothers' arms.

Ivy really had started to enjoy her time in Lombardi family. She avoids Seth at any cost. Elena and her have grown that little bit of motherly and daughter bond. Sinister is an exception. Vikram and her were on ok terms. Cade could bear her presence a little more than 5 minutes and they talk to each other a little bit. Twins were slowly developing the protective brothers figures without even their own noticing. No-one is really being rude or mean to her.

It is the last month of her spending time here. Her birthday is coming next week and she have invited her step family already. Between these past months, both families have tolerated each others presence well due to Ivy being the linked source between them. After her birthday, she would be going out of country for her studies as the past months she had been doing online studies because of her schedule of spending 3 days here.

As Ivy was putting her laptop and books in the bag, there was a knock on the door. She drags her eyes to look at the door and they almost popped out in surprise. Because on the door, there was standing her eldest stepbrother.

Sinister!