42, 43

Ivy was surprised to see Sinister out of everyone standing at her door. She awkwardly welcomes him inside.

Ivy notices that for some reason the room grew small and cold under his godlike presence.

"Umm p-please sit." She says while almost tripping on open air clumsily. Sinister drags her desk chair in the centre of the room. As he points for her to take a seat on the bed.

"I don't remember if we have openly interacted with the exception of three times." He starts the conversation.

Ivy remembered those three times immediately.

She carefully nods her head.

"What was that you wanted to ask that day?" He asks suddenly.

Her eyes widens.

Was he really asking it today?

It had been months almost a year.

"Oh umm it wasn't imp-- not really. I don't really know if you would like this question...." A embarassing blush forms on her cheeks.

Sinister's blank expression fazes a bit. In that split second, a small surprise shows in his eyes.

"Now I would really like to know and don't worry, if I don't like this question then I won't response." He reassures almost weirdly.

"Eh. It's like that time I recently came to know that at one time you and my eldest brother Valentino were good friends. So I was just curious what actually changed?" She carefully asks and fiddles with her fingers.

"Though, it is true that we were friends at one time. Most likely when we both were really young. We remained friends until the marriage between my father and your mother." He answers within few words.

Ivy frowns. But in the next second it really explained the reason. This marriage really affected their friendship till this day.

If Ivy ever wanted to, she could never remove this bitterness between the two families. The past's rash decisions had affected everyone very badly.

But atleast she was a linking source between the both families and they both avoided to fight each other because of her.

In the end she just smiles.

"Thank you..."

*********???********

Ivy eventually took her leave after inviting her step family on her birthday party once again. It was within the next week and both of the families will be together under the same roof even if it was for few hours.

But little did she know it wasn't going to go as she expected. Something bad is intended to happen.

Chapter 43

Today is the day of Ivy's birthday. The day that Ivy awaited the most. She is pretty sure that she is going to enjoy this day a lot just like last year but then again there was a change, a difference between this special day.

Her eyes widens as they roam around the beautiful decor in the living room. All of the decorations and arrangements are prepared under the special care and observation of her twin brothers and they have done a really amazing job.

"So how do you like it? Do you wish to change something so you can tell me now?" Lucifer asks while placing his arm over Ivy's shoulder and startling her a bit in the process.

"It's really g-great, papa."

Lucifer frowns and leans down to take a good look at her face and sure there is glossiness present in her eyes.

"What's the matter little one?" His voice turns soft.

"N-nothing-- it's just nothing....I-I think I'sm g-going to miss e-everyone a lot." Her voice shakes as she looks up at her father's face. Her quivering bottom lip makes his heart melt.

"We will visit you frequently and you can also come visit us anytime." He whispers and gently wipes a tear that escaped her eye.

"I know but still." She stands up on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around Lucifer's neck. Chuckling a little, he hugs her back and rocks her like a little baby in his arms.

She just prays that nothing bad happen in their life anymore.

Ivy flinches when there is loud crashing sound resounds. Pulling away from the hug, she glances back to see one of the worker with a vase shattered in pieces in front of his feet.

"Sorry sir." He bows his head and crouches down to pick them up.

"You should get ready now, Ivy..." Lucifer says. Ivy nods her head and heads upstairs while passing Valentino with a bright smile on her face. Valentino smiles back and pats her head.

"Dad."

Lucifer looks back at Valentino with a blank look on his face.

"The warehouse where we had kept those bastards lit up on fire. No one survived."

Lucifer furrows his brows and gives his son a better look.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Sinister's men, Eliza and Micah confirmed this." Valentino informed.

"Hmm. It's suspicious. Double the security. I don't want any nuisance. This is my daughter's big day and I would be damned to let anyone ruin it."

*************

Dressed in one of the blue knee length dress designed especially for her, Ivy comes running down the stairs. Her usually straight hair today are bouncing down her back in loose curls. She almost slips at the end of the stairs if Alessio wasn't coming behind her.

"Be careful Ivy. I have told you thousands time to not to run on stairs." He gently scolds his little sister.

Ivy smiles lightly and whispers a small 'sorry' before turning to look at front. There are few guests that Ivy recognized as few close relatives were present.

Her bottom lip juts out slightly when she couldn't find the glimpse of her step  family.

Suddenly she feels a small pat on her head. Looking up, she finds Denver smiling at her.

"They will be here. Don't let this sweet smile come off your face today." He cheers her up and casually slings his arm around her shoulder.

Ivy nods and looks around the slightly crowded hallway.

Next hour goes by her receiving gifts and conversing amongst the smiling guests. Denver and Alessio stood behind her, literally acting like her own personal bodyguards.

They made sure to scowl or glare at anyone who stared at Ivy few seconds long.

Valentino and Lucifer are together busy in business conversation with few of their business partners.

Suddenly few murmurs and whispers erupts in the hall. Confused, Ivy glances in the direction of front door whereas her twin brothers tsked.

A small smile lit on her face as her eyes falls on her stepfamily who finally arrived fashionably late.

But sure their presences created a bit chaos amongst the guests who looked uncomfortably panicked and scared.

Ivy could only just sigh as she observes the drastic change in the air.

Dear lord!

Hope you like these chapters...
Get early access to the completed book on patreon. Link's in my profile...❤️