part 16

Mia's pov:

When we got home last night i went straight to bed. I'm really emotional when i'm drunk, so i was a mess while we were driving home.

***

I woke up to my alarm going off. I tried turning it off but it just kept going. When i finally turned it off i realised i had a massive headache.

I went back under the covers and tried to sleep a bit until, there was a knock on my door. 'Mia are you awake?'

'Yes, i am. What's wrong?'

'Good. Well do you want to go and get breakfast?'

'Sure give me 15 minutes and then i'll be down.'

So i got out of bed and got ready as fast as i could. When i opened my door Max was already waiting and we left immediately.

The drive to the restaurant was nice and quiet.

I noticed Max being a little more nervous than usual. When we had ordered our food i finally got the answer why.

Max cleared his throat and spoke up 'Um so Mia when was the last time you talked to dad?'

'I don't really know. I guess calling was like maybe half a year ago. Texting i think a week ago or something. Why?'

'Well he is here in Monaco. So he wants to come and visit me. Have you told him you're staying with me?'

'No i haven't, are you asking me if he could come by?'

'Well yes kind off. I know you two don't have the best relationship with eachother, but maybe it could work out. And if not i'll be there and if he freaks out i'll kick him out.'

'Ofcourse he could stop by. Yes our relationship is not great, but he is still my dad so i can handle it, i guess...'

It's true that my dad and i don't have the best relationship. He was always travelling with Max for his motorsport carrier. So he wasn't always around and that really took a toll on me.

When i discovered i liked racing as well, he didn't let me participate because "motorsport isn't for girls"
I didn't agree with that and after a lot of begging he got me the old kart of Max.

I participated in some races but far under my level. Because just like my brother i had natural talent in the sport.

When i got older i was offered a contract at Redbull. I was able to race one year in f3, until Max was moved up to f1. My dad couldn't stay with me and had to go with Max. Because of that i went to live with a foster family and had to stop the Redbull contract.