part 30

Mia thought the only appropriate thing to do was something she saw in a movie once: 'Morning...'

The guy who was kissing Max jumped up and screamd a bit.

'Uhm hi good morning Mia...'

'So... Charles... you want some tea aswell?'

'Yeah sure... thanks...'

***
A few days later Mia flew with Max to the next grand prix, Miami!

Thursday is ofcourse media day and none of the drivers liked thursdays for that reason.

Mia was most of the day in the Redbull hospitality, because their wasn't a lot for her to do.

When it was time for the drivers to have lunch, Mia decided to join them. When she walked into the cafeteria, to join her brother and the smiling australian, some other people called out to her.

'Hey Mia, join us for a change!' The young Mercedes driver said

After she joined him and his friends they had some small talk about racing and their media day. Until Pierre spoke up 'Uhm Alex, George, Lando and me are going to the beach tonight. Do you also want to come with?'

'Yeah sure, that sounds fun'

Some time after lunch most of the cafeteria had already cleared, but Mia and Pierre were still sitting at the table.

'So uhm Mia, i had a question. Do you remember me?'

Ofcourse how could i forget him. Pierre Gasly, one of the first people who was nice to me at the track.

'Papa is het goed als ik met die kinderen ga spelen als Max toch aan het karten is?'
( Dad, is it alright if i go play with those kids if Max is still karting anyway?)

'Ja hoor, maar zorg dat je optijd terug bent. En geen vrienden maken hoor, straks willen ze alleen maar Max laten verliezen!'
(Yeah sure, but make sure you're back on time. And don't make any friends, they might want to make Max lose!')

'Oke papa'
(Ok dad)

'Hi guys can i maybe join hide and seek?' The sweet little girl asked

'What a girl on track? Don't you have to dress up or something, this sport is for guys' A random boy lauged at Mia

Most of the guys ran away but a couple of them stayed.

'You can play with us...' the sweet french boy said 'my name is Pierre, Pierre Gasly. And what is yours?'

'Hi, i am Mia, Mia Verstappen.'

And with that they were inseparable, until Pierre moved up into the single seaters and Mia and Max were still karting.

They didn't think they would ever see eachother again, until the universe had other plans for them years later.