05. Bloody Mary

Toledo, Ohio

INT. SHOEMAKER LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

Three girls were laughing, gathered around a table with candles. The candlelight is the only light.

"Okay, your turn, truth or dare?" girl one asked.

"Truth," Lily replied.

"Do you want to make out with Benji Swartz?"

Girl two laughed.

"Dare," Lily decided.

"Okay, lame. You have to... say "Bloody Mary" in the bathroom," girl one told her.

"Is that the best you can come up with?"

"Who's Bloody Mary?" girl two asked.

"She's this witch," girl one replied.

"I heard she was a lady killed in a car crash," Lily said.

"It doesn't matter who she is. Point is, if you say her name three times in the bathroom mirror she appears... and scratches your eyes out!"

Lily and girl two jumped.

"So why would anyone say it?" girl two questioned.

"Because it isn't real," Lily answered.

Lily got up and girl one handed her a candle before saying, "No turning on the lights, and remember... three times."

INT. BATHROOM – NIGHT

Lily opened the bathroom door. She looked at the shadows on the wall, then closed the door and put the candle down in front of the mirror.

"Bloody Mary. This is so stupid. Bloody Mary." The candle flickered. Lily looked at it and there was a long pause. "Bloody Mary."

There was another pause. A loud noise sounded. Lily shrieked as pounding sounded on the door.

EXT. HALLWAY – NIGHT

Lily opened the door to find girls one and two, laughing.

"Scared ya," girl one said.

"You guys are jerks," Lily retorted.

"Lily," Steven called.

Lily looked up to the top of the stairs, where she saw her father, Steven Shoemaker.

Steven continued. "Do you mind keeping it down?"

"Sorry, Daddy," Lily apologized.

"Sorry, Mr. Shoemaker," girls one and two said.

Steven headed upstairs. He passed several mirrors; each has Bloody Mary.

INT. UPSTAIRS BATHROOM – NIGHT

Steven took some pills out of the bathroom medicine cabinet and closed the cabinet, revealing another mirror. He popped the pills in his mouth, then looked closer at the mirror, noticing some scratches under his eye.

INT. LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

Lily and both girls were giggling together.

"You so like him!" girl two cried.

Donna, Lily's older sister, came in the front door. "Hey, geek. You guys having fun?"

"You're out past curfew," Lily told her.

"Thanks, Dad." Donna went upstairs.

INT. UPSTAIRS HALLWAY – NIGHT

A pool of blood was coming out from under the bathroom door. Donna rounded the corner and saw it, stopped, then started forward more slowly. She hesitantly pushed open the bathroom door, revealing a great deal more blood. Donna screamed.