53. Time Is on My Side

ABANDONED CABIN, SIDE ROOM

A demon was strapped to a chair having holy water thrown on him. The demon screamed and thrashed from side to side.

"You ready to talk?" Dean asked.

"I don't know," the demon said. "I don't know anything!"

"Oh, you hear that, Sam, Zach? He doesn't know anything."

Sam and Zach smirked. "Yeah, I heard."

"I'm telling you the truth," the demon told them.

"Oh, you are?" Dean questioned. "My God, then I owe you an apology. Allow me to make it up to you." He forced holy water into the demon's mouth. "I'm gonna ask you one last time... Who holds my contract?!"

The demon went quiet, head hanging. When he looked up, his eyes were black and he was smiling. "Your mother. Yeah, she, uh, showed it to me right before I bent her over."

Dean leaned closer. "I want a name. Or else..."

"Or what? You're gonna squirt your holy water in both ends? Please. Brother, that's like a fleabite compared to what's coming to me if I tell you jack. Do what you want. The only thing I'm scared of is the demon holding your ticket."

Dean stared at the demon, then looked at Sam who nodded and began reciting an exorcism. "How does that feel? Does that feel good?"

"Go ahead. Send me back to Hell... 'Cause when you get there, I'll be waiting for you... with a few pals who are dying for a nice little meet and greet with Dean Winchester."

"Should I?" Sam asked.

"Send him some place he can't hurt anyone else."

Sam continued the exorcism and the demon began screaming.

MAIN ROOM

Sam spoke into his phone. "You ran the prints twice. Are you sure? Okay. Yeah, just chalk it up to lab error. Don't I know it. Okay. Thanks. Yeah, I'll tell the lieutenant." Dean and Zach entered. "Bury the body?"

"Yeah," Dean answered. "Looks like these demons ride 'em hard just for kicks." He opened and chugged a beer, then crashed tiredly on the couch while Zach collapsed onto a chair. "What was the phone call about?"

"Remember that thing in the paper yesterday?"

""Stripper suffocates dude with thighs"?"

"The other thing."

"Right, the guy that walked into the E.R. and knelt over dead. His stomach's ripped out?"

"His liver, actually. Anyways, I just found out something pretty damn interesting."

"What?" Dean and Zach wondered.

"The dead body covered in bloody fingerprints, not the victim's."

"Okay, great," Dean said. "My man Dave Caruso will be stoked to hear it."

"Those fingerprints match a guy who died in 1981."

Zach leaned closer to his brother. "Really. So, what are we talking? Um, walking dead? Walking, killing dead?"

"Maybe."

"Zombies do like the other white meat," Dean commented. "Huh. Speaking of, what do you care about zombies?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you've been on soul-saving detail for months now. And we're three weeks out, and all of a sudden, you're interested in some hot zombie action?"

"Hey, man, you're the one who's been all gung ho to hunt. Zach's usually up for a hunt. I just thought I'd be doing you a favor."

"Hey, no, no, no, no, no. I didn't say I didn't want to do it, okay. I mean obviously I want to hunt some zombies."