63. I Know What You Did Last Summer

HOSPITAL

A young girl was sitting in a hospital bed in a contemplative way, like she was listening to a distant whispering.

"Anna?" the psychologist called. "Do you know where you are? You're at the Connor Beverly Behavioral Medicine Center." Anna looked at her hospital's wristband. "Do you know why you're here?" Anna shrugged. "Do you remember what you did?" Anna nodded. "You were hysterical. It took four people to restrain you."

"I was trying to warn them," Anna explained.

"Warn who?"

"Everyone. Forget it. It was stupid."

"What were you trying to warn them about?"

"Look... I get it. You think I'm nuts. If I were you, I'd think I was nuts. But it's all true."

"It's okay. You can tell me. I'm here to listen."

"The end... is coming. The apocalypse."

"The apocalypse. Like in the Bible?"

"Kind of. I mean, same bottom line. This demon, Lilith, is trying to break the 66 seals to free Lucifer from Hell. Lucifer... Will bring the apocalypse. So... Smoke 'em if you got 'em." Anna turned her head and listened to a distant whispering.

"Anna?"

"Sorry."

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing. Just listening."

"So, you were saying that there are, uh, 66 seals in the world?"

"No. No. There are about 600 possible seals, and Lilith only has to break 66 of them, and no one knows which 66 she's gonna break."

"I see."

"That's why it's nearly impossible to stop her. And that's why the angels are losing. That's why we're all gonna die."

A hospital attendant entered Anna's room. "Time for your meds, Anna. Anna?"

Anna turned around and looked horrified when she noticed the attendant.

"What's the matter, sweetie?" the attendant asked.

"Your face -- what happened to your face?" Anna questioned.

"I know." The attendant's eyes turned black, revealing he was possessed. "I'm downright kissable. Shh."

Anna used her mind to push a chest of drawers against the attendant and knocked him unconscious.

BAR

Sam, seemingly drunk, was playing pool with a man from the bar.

"Brian, come on, man, just one more," Sam said. "Just -- just give me a chance to win it back."

"It's your cash," Brian told him.

"Excuse me. My brother's a little sauced to be making bets," Dean said.

"He insisted."

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him? I'm just saying."

"Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine," Sam told his brother.

"No, you're not fine. You're drunk!"

"Let's make it 500."

"500?" Dean and Zach repeated.

"Sure," Brian agreed as Sam put the money down on the pool table. "500. Your break."

While Brian was looking down, Sam raised his eyebrows at Dean and Zach. For a second, there was no trace of drunkenness. Dean raised his eyebrows at Sam and Zach offered an amused smirk. Sam broke, sinking several balls and saw Ruby across the bar.