77. Sympathy for the Devil

"Come on!" Dean cried.

Sam let his brothers pull him away from the sigil. They ran and the doors slammed shut. They rattled the doors. Light burst through the cracks.

There was a high-pitched noise. Sam turned to look at Dean and Zach, and each looked back at the light. They squeezed their eyes shut, Sam held up a hand to block the light, and covered their ears. They fell to their knees.

The light reached the edges of the sigil, then everything went white.

PLANE

A cartoon red devil leaned over a large open book. "What in the devil is your name?"

"Sa-Sa-Sa-Sa-Yo-Yosemite Sam," Yosemite Sam stammered.

"Yosemite Sam!" The devil flipped through the book.

Sam, Dean and Zach were sitting on a plane. They looked around, but no one seemed to have noticed.

"What the hell?" Dean and Zach asked.

"I don't know," Sam replied.

The pilot said over the intercom, "Folks, quick word from the flight deck. We're just passing Ilchester, them Ellicott City, on our initial descent into Baltimore-"

Dean frowned. "Ilchester? Weren't we just there?"

Zach nodded with a frown.

COCKPIT

The pilot continued. "So if you'd like to stretch your legs, now would be a good time to-" a column of light shot into the sky. "Holy crap!"

The shock waves knocked the plane off kilter. People were thrown around the plane. Oxygen masks dropped down. Sam, Dean and Zach put theirs on as the light outside grew blinding. The high-pitched white noise sounded again. Dean looked out the window, terrified.

CAR

Sam, Dean and Zach drove in a rental car.

A radio announcer spoke. "-and Governor O'Malley urged calm saying it's very unlikely an abandoned convent would be a target for terrorists, either foreign or homegrown."

"Change the station," Dean instructed.

Sam pushed a button on the digital radio and another radio announcer said, "Hurricane Kinley, unexpectedly slammed into the Galveston area -"

A third radio announcer spoke. "-announced a successful test of the North Korean War-"

A fourth said, "-a series of tremors-"

A fifth spoke. "-swine flu-"

The radio shut off. Sam sighed and silence fell in the car.

"Dean, Zach, look-" Sam began.

Dean cut him off. "Don't say anything." He paused. "It's okay. We just got to keep our heads down and hash this out, all right?"

"Yeah, okay."

Zach poked his head between the front seats. "Okay, well, first things first - How'd we end up on Soul Plane?"

"Angels, maybe? I mean, you know, beaming us out of harm's way?"

"Well, whatever," Dean said. "It's the least of our concerns. We need to find Cas."

CHUCK'S HOUSE

Sam, Dean and Zach walked through the devastated house. There was a noise and they turned to find nothing. They kept looking around.

Chuck jumped out and hit Sam on the back of the head with a toilet plunger.

Sam stumbled back and put a hand to his head. "Geez! Ow!"