83. The Curious Case of Zach Winchester

INT. LIVING ROOM – DAY

A woman, Mrs. Xavier, was reading the Weekly World News, headline: "LEADING PSYCHICS AGREE: THE APOCALYPSE IS HERE! Experts confirm the end is upon us!" She chuckled. The door opened.

"Hey, babe," Mrs. Xavier greeted as Mr. Xavier hurried upstairs. "Nice to see you too, babe."

INT. BATHROOM – DAY

Mr. Xavier rushed into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. He turned on the water in the sink and leaned forward, staring into the mirror. He was a young man, but aged rapidly, skin wrinkling, hair going gray and falling out, eyes going white-blind. He stumbled backward into a cabinet, smashing glass.

INT. LIVING ROOM – DAY

Mrs. Xavier heard the crash and looked up before calling, "Honey?"

INT. BATHROOM – DAY

Mr. Xavier collapsed.

INT. LIVING ROOM – DAY

Mrs. Xavier dropped her magazine and asked, "Are you okay?"

She rushed upstairs.

INT. BATHROOM – DAY

Mrs. Xavier opened the bathroom door, took one look, and screamed.

INT. HOSPITAL – DAY

Sam, Kennedy and Dean, in suits, and a skirt and blouse for Kennedy, held up CDC badges.

"You expect me to believe you're CDC?" the doctor asked.

Dean looked at Sam and Zach.

"Excuse me?" Sam and Zach said.

"It's just that you're a day early. First time in history I haven't sat on my ass waiting for you people."

"New administration," Dean told her. "A change you can believe in."

"Right."

INT. MORGUE – DAY

The doctor pulled the corpse of Mr. Xavier out of a freezer. He looked like a dead eighty-year-old.

"Meet Xavier," the doctor told them. "Date of birth, April third, nineteen eighty-four." She exchanged glances with Dean, Zach and Sam. "I know. I ran the DNA twice. That's definitely him."

"Well, he wasn't big on the sunscreen, huh?" Dean commented.

"So, what's your theory?" Zach asked, trying to brush off his shock that this man was near the age of the woman he loved.

"All I know is, decedent's male, twenty-five years old—and he died of old age," the doctor said before she walks away. Sam, Zach and Dean glanced at each other.

Dean met Zach's eyes, seeing his expression. "Dude, you okay?"

Zach nodded. "Yeah. Hey, this won't happen to Lily, right?"

"Not if we can help it."

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR – DAY

Sam, Zach and Dean left the morgue. Dean was on the phone.

"You were right about this one," Dean said. "It's definitely a job."

INT. BOBBY AND LILY'S LIVING ROOM – DAY / INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR – DAY

Bobby sat in his wheelchair, phone to his ear. "Thought so. Any other stiffs in town?"

"Just the one body."

"Anything else?"

"Couple missing persons, but usual for a town this size."

"Well, check 'em out."