61. It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester

Two Days Before Halloween

EXT. WALLACE HOUSE

A kid was putting a skull in front of a headstone on the lawn in the front yard. A woman walked up with a big candy bucket in her left hand, and a pumpkin and grocery bag in the other. The woman walked up the stairs, onto the porch and into the house.

INT. WALLACE KITCHEN

A baby was being fed some orange baby food by a man. The woman walked in and set the pumpkin on the counter along with the grocery bag.

"Ooh-" Mrs. Wallace began.

"How was the store?" Luke asked.

"Oh, madness. Everyone in town was stocking up." She reached over to the baby in the chair. "Hi, sweetie." She walked over to a cupboard above the counter and opened it to put the pail of candy away.

"Did, uh, you get enough?"

"Oh, hey, I had to arm wrestle Norma Bleaker for these."

"Honey, she's 74."

"And a lot stronger than she looks." Luke reached for the candy to take a piece and she swatted his hand away. "Ah-ah-ah, remember last year? We ran out at 6:40."

"It's just one piece." He went to reach for a piece again and she swatted his hand away again.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah, you can have as much as you want after Halloween." She turned to the baby. "Who needs a bath? Huh? Huh?" She lifted the baby from the high chair. "Oh, there we go!" She looked at Luke. "You coming?"

"I'll uh, I'll be up in a minute."

"Okay."

After she left, Luke turned and opened the cupboard and got a piece of candy. "Oh-"

He pulled out his fingers to see blood on them. He reached back in, moaning in pain as he pulled a double-sided razor free and took it out of his mouth, blood coming out of the cut as he did so. When he looked at it, he started to gag, and grabbed the countertop as he leaned over and started spitting blood He spit out another razor blade and continued to spit blood and kneeled over. Luke spat another razor blade and fell down to the floor.

"Luke, what's taking you so long?" Mrs. Wallace asked.

She walked back in holding the baby and saw him on the floor, blood starting to pool around his open mouth, eyes staring blankly.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God!" Mrs. Wallace cried as she screamed.

WALLACE KITCHEN - DAY

"Now how many razor blades did they find?" Sam asked.

One Day Before Halloween

Mrs. Wallace sighed and was nearly in tears as she replied, "Two on the floor, one in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them. How is that even possible?" She noticed Dean and Zach looking around the front of the stove and in the oven door. "The candy was never in the oven."

"We just have to be thorough, Mrs. Wallace," Dean told her.

"Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?" Zach inquired.

"No, I mean, I don't think so," Mrs. Wallace answered. "I just -- I can't believe it. You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?"

"More than you imagine," Dean replied, emerging from the floor and showed his brothers a hex bag, behind Mrs. Wallace's back so she couldn't see and made sure to keep her from seeing it.

Sam sighed and looked at Mrs. Wallace. "Mrs. Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?"

"Enemies?" Mrs. Wallace repeated.