95. Hammer of the Gods

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL LOBBY

A bell dinged and thunder crashed.

EXT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL

The Impala parked in front of the hotel lobby at an angle.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL LOBBY

Sam, Dean and Zach entered the lobby, soaked and gasping. Lounge music played.

"Whew," Dean commented. "Nice digs, for once. Busy night."

"Any port in a storm, I guess," the front desk attendant, Chad, replied with a chuckle. "If you could just fill this out, please."

"Yeah."

"Sirs, I think... shaving nicks there." He handed Dean and Zach a tissue. "Your key."

"Thanks," Zach replied.

"Oh. Thanks," Dean said. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a coffee shop, would you?"

"Buffet. All you can eat. Best pie in the tri-state area."

"You don't say?" Dean stated in a questioning tone.

Zach chuckled. "And he's in."

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL BUFFET HALL

Dean and Zach sampled pies.

"Heaven, right?" a man asked.

Dean scoffed. "Trust me pal... better." He saw a woman sitting alone. "How you doing?"

"No," the woman deadpanned.

"But-"

"Oh, lady, I'm just, you know-"

"I understand. And no."

"10-4. Yeah." His phone beeped and he grunted. "Sam, unpack, man. Eat something."

"Pie, Sam," Zach said before eating a bite.

Sam looked between them. "We should hit the road, Dean, Zach."

"In this storm? I-it's-"

"It's Biblical. Exactly. I-it's friggin' Noah's ark out there, and we're eating pie."

"How many hours of sleep did you get this week?" Dean asked. "What? Three? Four? Bobby and Lily have got their feelers out, okay? We have talked with every hoodoo man and root woman in 12 states."

"Yeah, well, I'm not giving up."

"Nobody's giving up. Especially me. We're gonna find a way to beat the devil, okay? Soon. I can feel it. And we will find Cas, we'll find Adam. But you are no good to us burnt out."

"Yeah. Yeah, okay."

Zach elbowed Sam. "We've actually got the night off for us. Let's try to enjoy it."

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL KITCHEN

A server carried a tray of dirty glasses. A severed arm was on the countertop next to a bloody cleaver.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL HALLWAY

A couple was making out in front of their room. Dean pointed and smiled.

"Oh, what are you, 12?" Sam asked as Zach rolled his eyes.

Dean scoffed. "I'm young at heart." The door creaked and he whistled. "Wow. Look at this. We're like Rockefellers. Chocolates! You two want yours?"

"Knock yourself out," Sam replied.

Zach grabbed two chocolates and pocketed them.

Dean stared at him. "I will steal them."