60. Yellow Fever

EXT. ROAD - NIGHT

Dean ran down the road, hearing growling and barking noises behind him. He turned around a corner, ran into a shopping cart, and fell to the ground. He saw a homeless man rummaging through a garbage bin.

"Run! It'll kill you!" Dean yelled as he pointed.

Dean was running from a pink-ribboned Yorkie. He started running again while shouting at the same time.

43 HOURS EARLIER

INT. MORGUE - DAY

The coroner opened a body bag. "Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, Agent Hamilton, meet Frank O'Brien."

"He died of a heart attack, right?" Sam asked.

"Three days ago."

"But O'Brien was 44 years old, and according to this - a marathon runner."

"Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security."

"Yeah, but Frank kicked it here," Dean said. "Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee. All heart attacks, you don't think that's strange?"

"Sound's like Maumee's problem to me. Why's the FBI give a damn anyway?"

"We just want to see the results of Frank's autopsy," Zach replied.

"What autopsy?"

"The one you're about to do."

The coroner cut open the dead body. "First dead body?"

"Far from it."

"Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe. Hand me those rib cutters, would you?"

Sam took a fortifying breath while a disgusted look crossed Zach's face and Dean picked up the rib cutters and handed them to the coroner. The coroner cut the ribs open while Sam kept himself from squirming.

A discoloration on Frank's left ring finger caught Zach's attention and he asked, "Is that from a wedding ring? I didn't think Frank was married."

"Ain't my department."

"Any idea how he got these?" Sam picked up Frank's arm, which was full of scratches.

"You know what? When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground. Huh!"

"What?" Sam asked.

"I-I can't find any blockages in any major arteries." The coroner broke off the heart while Dean tried not to vomit. "Heart looks pretty damn healthy." He handed the heart to Dean. "Hold that a second, would you?" Sam and Zach smirked.

The coroner cut something else in the body and hit Sam and Zach's faces with blood. "Oh, sorry. Spleen juice." Dean smirked.

They left and Sam wiped wiped the blood from his face. He handed the towel to Zach and he wiped his face of the blood.

INT. SHERIFF'S STATION

Sam, Dean and Zach were sitting down in front of the deputy's desk, waiting. The deputy smiled at Dean.

The sheriff opened his office door. "Hell's bells, Linus, have you seen my... Who are they?" The hunters stood.

"Federal agents," Deputy Linus replied. "I, uh..."

"And you kept them waiting?"

"You, you said not to disturb."

"Come on back, fellas."

Sam, Dean and Zach walked towards the sheriff's office, but he stopped them and said, "Shoes off."

The three took their shoes off and walked into the sheriff's office.