50. Jus in Bello

MONUMENT, COLORADO

Sam rushed into a bedroom, Zach on his tail. Dean followed and shut the door. They searched the room. Dean and Zach checked the drawers while Sam checked the safe.

"Any sign of it?" Dean asked.

"Nothing," Sam replied. "Are you two sure this is Bela's room?"

Zach held up two wigs and showed them to Sam. "I'd say so."

Suddenly, the phone rang and they shared a look. Dean walked to the phone and looked at Sam and Zach who shook their heads. Dean picked up the phone and answered it cautiously. It was Bela, who was calling from her car.

"Dean? Sweetie, are you there?"

"Where are you?" Dean demanded.

"Two states away by now."

"Where?"

"Where's our usual quippy banter? I miss it."

"I want it back, Bela... now."

"Your little pistol, you mean?" She looked at the Colt on the seat next to her. "Sorry, I can't at the moment."

"You understand how many people are gonna die if you do this?"

"What exactly is lit that you think I plan to do with it?"

"Take the only weapon we have against an army of demons and sell it to the highest bidder."

"You know nothing about me."

"I know I'm gonna stop you."

"Tough words for a guy who can't even find me."

"Oh, I'll find you, sweetheart. You know why? Because I have absolutely nothing better to do that to track you down."

"That's where you're wrong. You're about to be quite occupied." Dean looked at Sam and Zach. "Did you really think I wouldn't take precautions?"

Suddenly, police officers burst into Bela's room and pointed guns at Sam, Dean and Zach. The brothers raised their hands above their heads.

"Hands in the air!" police officer one demanded.

"Down on your knees," police officer two ordered.

Bela hung up the phone and sighed in relief.

"That bitch!" Dean and Zach cried.

"Turn around! Now!" police officer one yelled.

The police officers forced, Dean, Sam and Zach to lie on the floor.

Police officer one spoke again. "Sam, Zach and Dean Winchester, you have the right to remain silent." The brothers saw feet come closer and looked at each other, then up. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney and have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you at government expense."

Dean, Sam and Zach looked up to see Agent Henriksen.

"Hi guys..." Henriksen greeted. "It's been awhile."

Dean, Sam and Zach looked at each other. Dean closed his eyes and laid his head down on the floor. Zach let out a quiet growl.

POLICE STATION

Henriksen was speaking to police.

"So did you get them?" Melvin asked.

"Where is everyone?" Henriksen questioned. "I asked for all your men."