75. When the Levee Breaks

BOBBY'S PANIC ROOM

Sam was inside the room. Dean and Zach were just outside, talking through the little barred window in the door.

"Okay," Sam said. "Let me out. This is not funny."

"Damn straight," Dean replied.

"Dean, Zach, come on. This is crazy."

"No. Not until you dry out."

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied to you two. Just open the door."

"You don't have to apologize. It's not your fault. It's not your fault that you lied to me and Zach over and over again. We get it now. You couldn't help it."

"I'm not some junkie."

"Really? I guess he and I've just imagined how strung out you've been lately."

"You're both actually trying to twist this into some kind of ridiculous drug intervention?"

"If it smells like duck."

"Dean, Zach, I'm not drinking demon blood for kicks. I'm getting strong enough to kill Lilith."

"Strong?" Zach repeated.

"Yeah."

Dean frowned. "This is about as far away from strong as you can get. Try weak. Try desperate. Pathetic."

"Killing Lilith is what matters. Or are you both so busy being self-righteous you two forgot about her?"

Zach pursed his lips. "Oh, Lilith's gonna die. Bobby, Dean, Lily and I will kill her. But not with you."

"You're not serious."

"Congrats, Sammy," Dean said. "You just bought yourself a benchwarmer seat to the apocalypse."

"Dean, Zach, look - no, wait-"

Dean shut the window.

Sam called after them. "Come back here. Dean! Zach! Let me out of here! Dean! Zach! Let me out of here! Let me out! Dean! Zach!"

INT. BOBBY'S PANIC ROOM

Sam banged on the door and circled the room. The room blurred and the light flickered.

"Guys!" Sam called. "Get down here! Something's coming!"

"Hello, Sam," Alastair greeted. "It's a pleasure to see you again. Looks like I have you all to myself here. Goodness. How will we pass the time?"

Sam was bound to a cross inside a Devil's Trap, gagged. "Don't. No, no, don't. Don't, don't. No - stop! Stop! Alastair - please. Please."

"So polite all of a sudden. Very nice. I appreciate that."

"No. Alastair, please. No, no-"

Sam screamed. He was neither gagged nor bound, but instead was on the cot in the middle of the Devil's Trap, arms over the open air on either side.

"No," Sam said. "No. God, no! Please! Please, please. God!"

BOBBY'S LIVING ROOM

Bobby poured four glasses of whiskey and handed one to Dean and one to Zach while Lily grabbed her own.

"Stop! Stop!" Sam yelled.

"How long is this gonna go on?" Dean wondered.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual," Bobby replied. "Oh wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it."

The phone rang. Bobby sighed and answered. "Hello." ... "Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you."

"What's up with Rufus?" Zach asked.