78. Good God, Y'all!

INT. HOSPITAL

Bobby, wearing a bathrobe and ball cap, sat in a wheelchair and stared out the window. Sam, Zach and Lily watched him from the doorway.

Dean arrived with a manila envelope in hand. "It's been like three days now?" Sam and Zach sighed. "We got to cheer him up. Maybe I'll give him a back rub."

Lily shook her head slowly. "No, I've tried. Dad's being a grumpy, stubborn idjit. Nothing out of the usual."

"Dean," Sam called.

"Well, what, then?" Dean wondered.

"Look... we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time."

They paused and Sam looked at the envelope, which said X-RAY.

"What's in the envelope?" Zach wondered.

"Went to radiology," Dean replied, opening the envelope and pulling out the contents. "Got some glamour shots."

Dean handed Sam and Zach the contents of the envelope, a chest x-ray with strange writing on the ribs. "Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

Sam and Zach examined the writing, which was in Enochian. "Holy crap."

Dean looked at his brother. "Yeah, well, Cas carved you one, too."

Lily walked up and raised a brow. "Who did that? The angels?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah."

Sam's phone rang and he answered. "Hello? ...Castiel?"

"Speak of the devil," Dean and Zach commented.

"Ah, St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you - Cas?" He hung up.

A woman in scrubs and a man in a white lab coat rushed past with a piece of equipment on a cart.

A voice of the PA said, "Dr. Cohen to the ER, stat. Dr. Cohen to the ER, stat."

Castiel walked past them and the other passerby and stopped at Dean, Sam, Zach and Lily.

"Cell phone, Cas?" Dean asked. "Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from angels now - all angels," Castiel exclaimed. "I won't be able to simply-"

"Enough foreplay," Bobby interrupted, causing Dean, Sam, Castiel, Zach and Lily to look at him. "Get over here and lay your damn hands on."

No one moved.

Bobby looked over his shoulder. "Get healing. Now."

"I can't," Castiel admitted.

Bobby turned to face the angel. "Say again?"

Castiel walked up to Bobby. "I'm cut off from Heaven and much of Heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't."

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?"

"I'm sorry."

"Shove it up your ass." He turned back to the window.

Dean turned to Sam and Zach before saying, "At least he's talking now."

"I heard that."

Castiel returned to the hunters and said, "I don't have much time. We need to talk."

"Okay," Dean and Zach agreed.

"Your plan to stop Lucifer."

"Yeah," Dean said. "You want to help?"

"No. It's foolish. It can't be done."