54. No Rest For the Wicked

FOREST

Dean was running frantically through the woods, fleeing from Hellhounds. Suddenly he stopped, confronted with a Hellhound that had cut in front of him. He stood for a few beats, looking at it. Dean suddenly turned on his heel and ran back the way he came from, the Hellhound on his trail. Suddenly, it tripped him and got him on the ground. He screamed and blood spattered on his face.

CABIN - NIGHT

Dean woke up breathing heavily from his dream. He blinked a few times then looked down at the book he'd fallen asleep on. It was open to a page about Hellhounds, with a picture of them. Zach was staring at him, a frown on his face.

Sam entered. "Dig up anything good?"

Dean closed the book and shook his head a bit, not looking at him. "No." He cleared his throat. "Nothing good."

"Well, Bobby and Lily have. Finally."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. A way to find Lilith."

"Oh. With just ah-" he looked at his watch, "30 hours to go." He paused a beat and smiled. "Hey, why don't we just make a TJ-run, yeah? You know... some señoritas, cervezas, uh, we could... What's Spanish for 'donkey show'?"

Sam snickered. "So if we do save you... Let's never do that."

Zach nodded. "Yeah, I'm with Sam. 'Sides; Lil wouldn't like that."

"Yeah..." He looked down on the books as Sam sat down next to him and Zach joined them.

"Hey, Dean." Sam sighed. "Look, we're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not going to Hell. You're not gonna die." Dean looked over at him. "I swear. Everything's gonna be okay."

Dean's facial expression changed as he looked at Sam and Zach, suddenly terrified. Sam and Zach's faces were completely distorted, flinging to the sides at a rapid pace. Sam and Zach returned to normal.

"Yeah, okay."

CABIN - DAY

Bobby placed an old tracking device over a map of the United States. The device had three wooden legs coming out from a glass ball at the top. The ball had a flat, metal piece going around it with symbols on it. Further down the legs there was another metal piece, only bigger. From the ball hung a pendulum device that was sharp on the end so it could pinpoint a specific place.

"So you need a name, that's the whole kit and caboodle," Bobby said. "With the right name, right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out."

"Like the town Lilith's in?" Sam asked.

"Kid, when I get done, we'll know down the street."

Bobby began the ritual, started the swing for the pendulum and chanted in Latin. As Dean, Sam, Lily and Zach watched, the pendulum began to search over the map until it suddenly stopped.

Sam looked at where it had stopped. "New Harmony, Indiana."

Dean looked up at Bobby as Bobby said, "And we have a winner."

"All right." Sam pushed the pendulum away and looked at Bobby. "Let's go."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on," Dean said. "Let's all shut up there, Tex."

"What's the problem?"

"What's the problem? Come on, where do I begin? I mean, first of all, we don't even know if Lilith holds my deal. We're going off Bela's death? Now when that bitch breathes, the air comes out crooked. Okay. Second, even if we could get to Lilith, we have no way to gank her. And third, isn't this the same Lilith that wants your giant head on a pike? Should I continue?"