59. Monster Movie

Dean fiddled with the radio and muttered, "The radio around here sucks."

Sam glanced at his brother. "Come on man."

"Jobs don't get much sweeter than this, you know? Dead vic with a gnawed-on neck, body drained of blood, and a witness who swears up and down that it was a vampire."

"Hell of a case, Dean," Zach stated bluntly.

"No, I-I agree," Sam said. "It's a hell of a case."

Dean looked between them. "A little more gusto, please. From you both."

"It's just... The world is coming to an end. Things are a little complicated, you know?"

"Yeah, well, we can't save the world, not today anyway. But what we can do is chop off some vamps' heads. Come on, man, it's like the good old days, an honest-to-goodness monster hunt. It's about time the Winchesters and Lily Singer got back to tackling. A straightforward, black-and-white case."

The three made their way past a sign that read OKTOBERFEST 2008. Sam, Zach and Dean adjusted their suits after exiting the Impala and Lily adjusted her dress after exiting the Impala.

Lily glared. "Zach, you so owe me for wearing this."

Zach met her eyes and sighed. "I know I do. But we need someone on the inside. Please just wear the dress. I promise I'll make it up to you."

Lily huffed and nodded. "Fine." She walked inside and made her way to the bar. "I'm the new bartender."

Jamie looked at her. "Lori Grady, right?"

Lily nodded. "Yeah."

"Come on back, Lori. Lucy and I'll help you get started."

Outside, Dean said, "We still got to see the new "Raiders" movie."

"Saw it," Sam and Zach replied.

"Without me?" Dean asked incredulously.

"You were in Hell," Sam reasoned.

Zach shrugged. "Lily wanted to see it."

"That's no excuse," Dean said as something caught his eye. "Big pretzel!" Sam and Zach smiled and shook their heads.

Dean accepted three pretzels from the vendor and said, "Thank you." He handed Sam and Zach a pretzel.

"Thank you," Sam and Zach replied before each took a bite of their pretzels.

"Gutentag," Jamie and Lily greeted.

""Gutentag" yourselves," Dean said with a full mouth.

Sam chewed and hummed, "Mmm." He noticed an old man in a sheriff uniform. "Looks like that's our man. Sheriff Dietrich."

"Are you the boys from the fed?" Sheriff Dietrich questioned.

"Agents Angus, Rudd and Young." The three showed their badges. "We called ahead about your, uh, problem."

"Right. Um... I''ll tell you what, why don't we talk this out away from the crowd, huh?"

INT. MORGUE

The door opened and a body was slid out and covered with a sheet.

Sheriff Dietrich drew back the sheet. "Marissa Wright, 26, just up from Lockhard for the 'fest. Terrible. Just terrible. It's the last thing this town needs at peak tourist season."

"Definitely the last thing Marissa Wright needed," Sam commented as the sheriff smiled tightly.

Dean turned the body's head and saw two dark puncture marks on her neck like a vampire bite while Zach tried to ignore that the victim was around Lily's age. "What the hell?"