67. After School Special

INT. SCHOOL CAFETERIA – DAY

It was lunch time, and the "popular" table was full of cheerleaders and jocks.

"She's such a slut," girl one said.

"So?" boy one asked. "Personally, I'm very pro-slut. What happened, anyway?"

"She totally banged Jamie Jaffe, that's what. She gave him the reverse cowgirl and everything."

Taylor walked up to the table, looking for a place to sit down.

"Hi, Taylor. How was your weekend?" girl one asked.

"Fine, I guess," Taylor replied.

"You didn't... go to the rodeo?"

Taylor spoke to someone sitting at the table. "That's my spot."

"Sorry. This is a skeev-free zone."

"Slut!" boy one taunted.

"Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut!" people at the table repeated.

Taylor stormed off, slammed down her tray and sat at another table. The only other person at the table was April, an overweight shy girl.

"You shouldn't listen to those jerks," April told her.

"Leave me alone," Taylor retorted.

"I just mean... I'm sorry, that's all."

"You? You're sorry? Don't you feel sorry for me, you fat, ugly pig."

April, upset, left the table in a hurry.

INT. SCHOOL BATHROOM – DAY

Taylor was upset, looking at herself in the mirror. She had been crying. She didn't see April approach her from one of the stalls.

"Do you think I'm ugly?" April asked.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday," Taylor apologized. "I didn't mean it, okay?"

April grabbed Taylor and slammed her around, hitting her head hard on the mirror and sink, then dragged her to one of the stalls.

Taylor screamed. "Aah! Aah!"

"I'm not ugly," April protested.

April held Taylor's head under water in the toilet until Taylor stopped struggling. She let Taylor fall to the ground, looked down at the unmoving Taylor, and black goo, ectoplasm, came out of one of her eyes.

"You're ugly," April added.

EXT. HOSPITAL – DAY

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM – DAY

Sam was in hospital whites, dressed as an orderly. He was sitting in a chair with a clipboard talking to April.

"I'm not talking about it anymore," April said. "I already told the cops and the doctors. No one believes me. They think I'm crazy."

"Well, I'm a little bit more open-minded than most. April, why did you tell the police you were possessed?" Sam asked.

"It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me."

"When I -- when I hurt Taylor, I was there, in my head, but I couldn't control my body. I could see what I was doing, but I couldn't stop. I just wanted to stop. I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize. April, some of the kids at school told the police that you and Taylor didn't get along."

"Well, yeah, but I never wanted to kill her. Never. Do you believe me?"