23. Simon Said

Sam gasped, leaning over the sink in a dingy bathroom with the water running. He'd just seen a man ask for a gun, then shoot himself.

"No..." Sam said, running a hand under the water. He washed his face and scrubbed the hand through his hair. As he shut the water off and looked into the mirror, the door burst open to reveal Dean and Zach.

"Sam, come on, zip it up," Dean said. "Let's hit the... road. What?"

Sam was breathing heavily and blinking.

---

Dean drove the Impala down a dark two-lane road. Sam was in the passenger's seat and Zach and Lily were in back.

The radio announcer said, "Rockin' Nebraska. Your source for the classics, all night long."

"I don't know, man, why don't we just chill out, think about this."

Sam shut off the radio. "What's there to think about?"

"I just don't know if going to the Roadhouse is the smartest idea."

"Dean, it's another premonition. I know it. This is gonna happen, and Ash can tell us where."

"Yeah, man, but..."

"Plus it could have some connection with the demon. My visions always do."

"That's my point. There's gonna be hunters there, I don't know if, if, if going in and announcing that you're some supernatural freak with a, a demonic connection is the best thing, okay?"

"So I'm a freak now?"

Dean slapped Sam on the thigh. "You've always been a freak."

---

They reached the Roadhouse and entered the Roadhouse, passing two men at a table cleaning weapons. One glanced at Lily's backside and she narrowed her eyes. "Buddy, wrong cheeks."

Zach glared at the man as he passed him, covering Lily's back with his.

Dean almost ran into Jo, who stopped, smiling.

"Just can't stay away, huh?" Jo asked.

"Yeah, looks like," Dean replied. "How you doin', Jo?"

"Where's Ash?" Sam questioned hurriedly.

"In his back room," Jo answered.

Sam brushed past her. "Great."

"And I'm fine..."

"Sorry, he's, we're... kind of on a bit of a timetable," Zach said with a small smile.

Sam approached a rough wooden door with a sign hanging on it that read: DR. BADASS IS: IN.

Sam knocked on the door. "Ash? Hey, Ash?"

Dean, Zach and Lily were also knocking and the brothers called, "Hey, Dr. Badass?"

The door was unlatched and opened a crack to reveal a naked Ash. Dean and Zach averted their eyes and Lily glanced up at the ceiling.

Ash poked his head out. "Sam? Dean? Zach? Lily? Sam, Dean, Zach and Lily."

"Hey, Ash," Sam greeted. "Um. We need your help."

"Well, hell then. Guess I need my pants." He shut the door.

The four returned to the main area of the Roadhouse and Ash soon joined.

Ash was sitting at a table with his laptop open, looking at the hand-drawn sketch of the bus logo from Sam's vision. Sam and Lily sat across from him while Dean and Zach stood behind.