32. Tall Tales

CRAWFORD HALL

A middle-aged man in a suit and overcoat walked towards a university building. Outside, an attractive young woman in a white dress was posed seductively, fixing her shoe.

"Excuse me," the professor called. "Are you lost?"

"No," the girl replied. "I've been waiting for you, professor."

"Oh, are you in one of my classes?"

"Don't you recognize me?"

"We-ell, they're big classes. Anyway, my office hours are Tuesday and Thursday mornings."

"Really? I was hoping I could see you now."

"Um, well, since you asked so nicely. Come on."

OFFICE

"Such a handsome photo," the girl told him.

"Oh, that old thing," the professor noted. "So, what can I do for you? How's the paper coming?"

"Um, professor, I, uh, I have a confession to make."

"Oh? What's that?"

"I'm not really one of your students."

"Really? Then why are you here?"

The girl looked at him suggestively, then got nervous. "Maybe I should go."

"Well, I get it. I understand how you're feeling, and it's only natural. You are young and wide-eyed, and I'm somewhat of a celebrity around here. Don't get me wrong, you're a very beautiful girl, but it would be wrong of me to take advantage of you. I just, um, I just respect you too much." He kissed her and her face turned hideously gray and rotted; he pulled back in horror. "Oh my God."

"What? Don't you like me anymore? Don't you want me?"

EXT. CRAWFORD HALL

A janitor locked the front door and walked away. A body fell behind him with a heavy crunch. He turned back to see the professor dead on the steps.

ONE WEEK LATER

HOTEL ROOM

Sam was sitting on the couch looking through books and rubbed his face tiredly. Dean was sitting up on the bed, listening to the radio, which was playing Walk Away by Joe Walsh, and eating chili cheese fries from a disposable plate. Zach was cleaning his weapons, glaring at his eldest brother.

"Dude. You mind not eating those on my bed?" Sam asked, annoyed.

"No, I don't mind." Dean ate another. "How's research going?"

"You know how it's going? Slow. You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer."

Dean nodded sarcastically. "Hmm."

"Can you turn that down please?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, absolutely." Dean turned the music up louder.

"You know what? Maybe, uh, maybe you should just go somewhere for awhile," Zach suggested.

Dean shut off the radio and looked up, snappish. "Hey, I'd love to. I'd love to take Seri. That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my car's all screwed to hell."

Sam frowned at his brother. "Dean, Zach and I told you, we have nothing to do with-"

He was cut off by a knock on the door. Sam stood and went to open the door. He looked through the peephole, then back and Dean and Zach, then opened the door. Bobby and Lily were outside.