98. Swan Song

"On April 21, 1967, the 100 millionth GM vehicle rolled off the line at the plant in Janesville -- a blue two-door Caprice.

"There was a big ceremony, speeches. The lieutenant governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should have, because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car -- no, the most important object -- in pretty much the whole universe.

"She was first owned by Sal Moriarty, an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends, he'd drive around giving Bibles to the poor "gettin' folks right for Judgment Day." That's what he said. Sam, Zach and Dean don't know any of this, but if they did, I bet they'd smile.

"After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors, a used-car lot in Lawrence, where a young Marine bought her on impulse. That is, after a little advice from a friend and a quiet onlooker. I guess that's where this story begins.

"And here's where it ends."

EXT. BOBBY'S YARD

"Hey," Sam greeted.

"I'm in," Dean said.

"In with..."

"The whole "up with Satan" thing. I'm on board. Zach is too."

"You're gonna let me say yes?"

"No. That's the thing. It's not on me to let you do anything. You're a grown -- well, overgrown -- man. If this is what you want, Zach and I'll back your play."

"That's the last thing I though you would ever say."

"Might be. I'm not gonna lie to you, though. It goes against every fiber I got. I mean, truth is... You know, watching out for you... it's kinda been my job, you know? But more than that, it's... it's kinda who I am. You're not a kid anymore, Sam, and I can't keep treating you like one. Maybe I got to grow up a little, too. I don't know if we got a snowball's chance. But... But I do know that if anybody can do it... it's you."

"Thank you."

"Is this what you want... Is this really what you want?"

"I let him out. I got to put him back in."

"Okay. That's it, then."

INT. BUILDING - DAY

Bodies hung upside down over a Devil's Trap. Sam wiped blood off a large knife. Castiel put the lid on a jug of blood. Dean and Zach stood nearby.

EXT. BUILDING

Sam, Castiel, Zach and Dean exited the building. Sam and Castiel carried jugs of blood and put them in the trunk of the Impala. Dean and Zach walked towards Bobby and Lily.

"I still can't get used to you at eye level," Dean said.

Lily glanced at her father and chuckled softly. "Well, Dad's been eye-level to me."

"So, were we right?" Bobby asked.

"As always, Yoda," Dean replied. "Two stunt demons inside, just like you two said."

"Did you get it?" Lily questioned.

"Yeah, all the "go juice" Sammy can drink."

"You okay?"

Zach smiled tightly. "Not really. What do you two got?"

"Not much," Bobby said. "These look like omens to you two?" He handed Dean a newspaper. "Cyclone in Florida, temperature drop in Detroit, wildfires in L.A."

"Wait. What about Detroit?"

"Temp's dropped about 20 degrees, but only in a five-block radius of downtown Motown."