45. Fresh Blood

ROAD

Bela approached her car and was startled by a figure just as she reached it. It was Gordon.

"It's rude to sneak up on people," Bela said.

"Bela Talbot," Gordon greeted.

"You have me at a disadvantage. I don't know who you are."

"Gordon Walker."

"I've heard of you. Heard you were in prison."

"Got out."

"Released early on good behavior?" She opened the car door and casually reached inside as Gordon held up a small gun.

"You looking for this?" He removed the clip. "I know you were just in Massachusetts, and I know you were with the Winchester boys and Bobby Singer's girl. Tell me where they are."

"I don't think I know."

He pulled another, larger handgun on her. "Why don't you think a little harder?"

"Put that down. What's so pressing about finding the boys and girl, anyway?"

"Sam Winchester's the Antichrist."

"I'd heard something about that..."

"It's true."

"...from my good friend, the Easter Bunny, who'd heard it from the Tooth Fairy. Are you off your meds?"

"The world hangs in the balance. So you go ahead and be a smart-ass, but tell me where they are, or I shoot."

"Gordon, you and I don't know each other very well, so let me tell you a little something about me. I don't respond well to threats, but you make me an offer, and I think you'll find me highly cooperative."

"Okay." He lowered the gun. "How about..." he raised the gun, "you tell me where they are, or I kill you right now?"

"Kill me. Good luck finding Sam, Dean, Zach and Lily."

"I can wrangle up three grand."

"I don't get out of bed for three grand."

"You..." As he lowered his arm, Bela saw a small cloth bag hanging at his belt and her eyes lit up.

"Scratch that. Give me the mojo bag, and we'll call it even."

"Oh, hell no. This thing's a century old. It's..."

"Priceless. Believe me, I know. Now, how badly do you want the Winchesters and Miss Moretti?" Gordon tossed her the bag and she pulled out her phone and dialed. "Hello, Dean? Hey, where are you?"

ALLEY

Sam, Dean and Zach found a man bleeding but conscious on the ground. Lily was back in Sioux Falls. The man had been bitten in the neck. They crouched over him.

"Hey, hey. Don't worry," Sam reassured. "We're gonna call you some help, okay?"

"Where is she?" Dean asked. "Where'd she go?!"

The man gestured vaguely down the alley. Sam and Zach stayed with the man as Dean ran off in the direction the man was pointing. He stopped in the middle of an open space, raised his machete and slowly drew it across his left forearm, drawing blood.

Dean held the bleeding arm up. "Smell that?! Come and get it!" A young woman emerged from a side alley and stared at him with her chin covered in blood. "That's right. Come on. I smell good, don't I? I taste even better." The vampire approached cautiously and he dropped the machete. "Come on! Free lunch!"

The vampire charged and as she grabbed him and sunk her teeth into his neck, Dean whipped out a syringe and plunged it into her neck. She convulsed and fell to the ground, unconscious. Sam and Zach came running and frowned at Dean.