62. Wishful Thinking

Sam, Dean and Zach were sitting at a table. Dean was downing shots.

Sam frowned. "It just doesn't make any sense, Dean. I mean, why would Uriel tell me you remembered Hell if you didn't?"

"Maybe because he's a dick," Dean guessed. "Might have something to do with it."

"Maybe, but he's still an angel."

"Yeah, an angel who was ready to level an entire town. Look, I don't know what-"

A cheerful waiter walked up to their table. "Radical. What can I get you guys?"

"Uh, I think we're good," Sam replied.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"You want to try a couple of fryer bombs? Or a chipotle chili changa?"

"No, no, we're -- we're still good," Dean answered.

"Okay, awesome."

Dean turned to his brother. "Sam, honestly, I have no idea why Uriel told you what he did, okay?"

"Right," Sam and Zach said.

"What?"

"Okay," Zach stated. "Fine. Then look me and Sam in the eye and tell us you don't remember a thing from your time downstairs."

"I don't remember a thing from my time down under," Dean told his brothers, earning a look. "I don't remember, Sam, Zach!"

Sam looked at him. "Look, Dean, Zach and I just want to help-"

"You both know everything I do. Okay? That's all there is."

The cheerful waiter returned. "Outstanding. Dessert time? Huh? Am I right?"

"Dude."

"Listen, bro. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme."

"Uh, no extremities, please," Sam replied. "Just the-"

"Check? All right, awesome."

"Thanks."

After the cheerful waiter walked away, Zach looked between his brothers and asked, "All right, so, where do we go from here?"

"I'm not sure. Uh, it looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see."

"Yeah, good news for once," Dean said.

"Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out." He turned his laptop. "Uh... Up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a women's health facility." Dean choked on his beer. "The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs. I can see you're very interested."

"Women, showers. We gotta save these people."

They made their way to Concrete, Washington and Dean dropped Sam and Zach off in front of Lucky Chin's Chinese Restaurant.

Sam and Zach walked inside and found the woman.

"I'm not surprised the spirit would choose to make contact with me," Candace said. "I'm something of a... natural sensitive."

Sam nodded. "I can sense that about you, Candace, that whole... sensitive thing." He elbowed Zach's arm.

"Oh, yes, the... sensitive thing," Zach agreed in as serious a tone he could muster.

"So what did you say you two were calling your book?"

Sam thought for a quick moment. "Oh, well, um... Well the working title is "Supernatural." Yeah, my co-author and I've been crossing the country, gathering stories like yours. But, anyways, you were telling us about your encounter."