76. Lucifer Rising

ST. MARY'S CONVENT - ILCHESTER, MARYLAND 1972 - NIGHT

A presence crept along the dark, silent corridors of the convent. A lone priest was extinguishing candles in the sanctuary. The presence rushed towards him; it was demon smoke. It poured into his mouth, possessing him and he screamed.

INT. ST. MARY'S CONVENT - DAY

The priest was standing at the altar, giving mass; seated in the pews behind him were eight nuns.

"Our Father, who art in... Heaven," the possessed priest began. "Thy kingdom come, blah, blah, blah. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from... evil." He turned and walked down the aisle. "Truer words never spoken, sisters. But sometimes it seems as if it's difficult to know the Creator. Sometimes I feel, in a very literal sense, that I have been wandering the desert for years. Looking for our Father." He reached the door, bolted it, then turned back. "Well not our Father, my Father. See, he's in jail. Your dad put him there." The nuns began looking nervous. "I almost gave up hope. But, ye of little faith, because I finally found him -- or at least, you know, a spot where his cage door opens. It's right here. In a damn convent, for God's sake. Life is funny."

"Um, Father?" a nun called.

"Shut your friggin' piehole, you little slut!" He grinned. "Then again, I suppose it makes sense. Folks forget my daddy is an angel, after all. Or was. I mean, I suppose some dumb bastard stood here, felt a jolt of his holy juice and thought, I'm gonna build me a nun factory. You know? It's the right idea. Wrong angel. So, uh, if any of you guys are the praying type, now would be a good time to start."

The nuns screamed as they died.

PRESENT DAY

EXT. FARMHOUSE

Sam sat brooding.

Ruby and Sam were standing by an orange car in front of the farmhouse.

"Sam?" Ruby called. "Your head in the game here?"

Sam, after a pause, replied, "I'm good. Let's go."

"You okay?"

"I just said I was."

"Look, I know hand-holding really isn't my thing... but still, Dean and Kennedy were wrong, saying what he said to you and doing nothing to help you."

"No, he was right to say it. She was right not to get in there; could've gotten seriously hurt. I don't blame them after what I did."

"Well, after we're done, you guys will patch things up. I mean, you always do."

"You're talking like I've got an 'after'."

"Don't say that."

"I can feel it inside me, Ruby. I've changed... for good. And there's no going back now."

"Sam-"

"Look, I know what I gotta do. It's okay, I'm just saying. Dean, Zach and Lily are better off as far away from me as possible. Anyways. Doesn't matter, let's just get this done with."

They got in the car.

BOBBY'S HOUSE

Dean stood brooding and Zach glanced at Dean as he looked out the window. Bobby and Lily were behind them.

"Dean? Zach?" Bobby called. "Dean! Zach! You two listen to a word I said?"

"Yeah, we heard you," Dean replied. "I'm not calling him."

"Don't make me get my gun, boy."

Dean turned to face him. "We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?"