89. The Song Remains the Same

DEAN'S DREAM

INT. STRIP CLUB

Cherry Pie by Warrant played.

Dean was seated on a couch in front of a small stage lit from below. An erotic dancer performed for him; a skinny, pretty brunette dressed in a sexy devil outfit.

"Oh, I take it all back," Dean said. "I love the devil."

She continued dancing.

He shut his eyes a moment and opened them to see that a second dancer - a blonde dressed in a sexy angel outfit - had joined.

Dean grinned. "Now that's what I call peace on earth."

They leaned over him, hovering near a kiss, then parted.

The music ended abruptly; Anna was on the stage. She stared at him and he stared back.

"Anna?" Dean called, shifting uncomfortably. The dancers were gone. "I was just, uh, working on a case."

"This is what you dream about," Anna commented.

Dean looked away and ducked his head. "This is awkward. Why are you gate-crashing my head? Why don't you just swing by the motel?"

Anna sat next to him. "I can't find you."

"Oh. Cas did this thing." He indicated his ribs.

Anna looked away. "Cas. Right. Now, there's a friend you can count on."

"What?"

"He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Where I've been." Dean stared, confused. "Of course not. Why would he?"

"Where have you been?"

"Prison. Upstairs. All the torture, twice the self-righteousness."

"Why wouldn't he have told us where you were?"

"Because he's the one who turned me in. Don't look so shocked. He was always a good little shoulder. Did anything under orders."

"I didn't know. Are you okay?"

"No. And I don't have long. I broke out. Barely. They're looking for me. If they find me-"

"Okay. What do you need?"

"Meet me. 225 Industrial. And, please, just-"

INT. MOTEL ROOM

"Hurry," Anna finished.

Dean sat up, breathing heavily.

INT. WAREHOUSE

Anna entered a dark space. Wind blew, sounding like voices, and she looked around. "Hello? Who's there?"

Lightbulbs overhead burst in showers of sparks. Anna turned slowly and Castiel appeared behind her.

"Hello, Anna," Castiel greeted.

"Well. If I didn't know any better..." Anna turned. "I'd say the Winchesters don't trust me."

"They do. I don't. I wouldn't let them come." He circled Anna and she turned to keep facing him.

"And why is that?"

"If you're out of prison, it's because they let you out. And they sent you here to do their duty work."

"And what makes you so sure?"

"Because I've experienced... Heaven's persuasion."

"You mean when you gave me to them."