96. The Devil You Know

INT. HOSPITAL

"Check it out - I look like the king of pop," Dean said, causing Sam and Zach to sigh and Dean chuckled. "Too soon?"

"Too soon," Sam and Zach agreed.

The doctor looked between them. "Don't get me wrong - l'm glad the CDC is here, but what we really need is vaccine."

"You got that right," Dean replied.

"Well, tell me, have you noticed anything unusual about the strain -- Any signs of behavioral change, like aggression, maybe?" Sam asked.

The doctor frowned. "Excuse me?"

"Have the victims shown any signs of, um, homicidal tendencies?"

The doctor chuckled. "Uh... Symptomatically speaking, we're looking at a relatively mild case of swine flu here. Probably add up to a miserable week off of work, and that's about it."

"So nothing unusual," Dean stated.

"Hmm. Day and a half ago, we didn't have a single case. Now we're looking at over 70 -- The infectious equivalent of a briefcase bomb. So, yeah, I might call that a little unusual."

"Day and a half?" Sam repeated.

"That's the same time those statues started crying," Dean noted.

"Yep."

"I'm sorry. What was that?" the doctor asked.

"What was what?" Dean wondered.

"Did you just say a bunch of statues started crying?"

"What?" Sam laughed. "Why, no. No. W-who would-"

"Who would say that, huh? Crazy people," Zach said with a light smile.

"Exactly."

"Yeah, which we are not."

"No."

The doctor looked between them. "Just... Get us some vaccine."

"Whew," Dean breathed.

INT. IMPALA

Bobby and Lily were on speakerphone.

"Let me guess -- another steamin'-hot pile of swine flu," Bobby said.

"Yep," Dean and Zach said.

"Doesn't make any sense, Bobby, Lily," Sam replied. "Pestilence touched down here. I'm sure of it."

"But why is he dealing them soft serve like swine flu when he's got the Croatoan virus up his sleeve?" Dean questioned. "I-I-I don't get it."

"Doesn't matter what the sick son of a bitch is doing," Lily answered.

INT. BOBBY'S HOUSE

Lily continued. "What matters is this is the fourth town he's hit -- That we know of -- and we're still eating his dust."

INT. IMPALA

"Did you get anything? We got even a snowball at probably next target?" Bobby asked.

"Uh, no pattern we can see," Sam replied.

Bobby and Lily sighed. "Okay."

INT. BOBBY'S HOUSE

"Hold on," Bobby said. "Well, far as Kendy and I can tell, he's still heading East, so..."

INT. IMPALA

"Head East, I guess."

"East?" the brothers repeated.

Dean frowned. "Bobby, Lil, we're in West Nevada. East is practically all there is."