38. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part Two)

Dean and Zach stood next to Sam's body.

Bobby entered with a bucket of chicken and said, "Dean? Zach?"

"No thanks," Dean replied. "We're fine."

Zach shook his head. "No."

"You two should eat something," Lily told them as she entered.

Zach looked up. "He said he's fine, I said no."

Bobby glanced between them. "Dean, Zach... I hate to bring this up, I really do. But don't you two think maybe it's time... we bury Sam."

"No," Dean and Zach answered.

"We could," Bobby sighed, "maybe..."

Dean interrupted him. "What? Torch his corpse? Not yet."

"Lil and I want you two to come with us."

"We're not going anywhere."

"Dean, Zach, please."

"Would you cut us some slack?"

"She and I just don't think you two should be alone, that's all. I gotta admit -- Lil and I could use both your help."

"Bobby-" Dean and Zach said.

"Something big is going down -- end-of-the-world big," Lily told them.

"Well, then let it end!"

"You two don't mean that."

"You don't think so?" Zach spat. "Huh? You don't think Dean and I've given enough? You don't think Dean and I've paid enough? I'm done with it. I'm pretty sure he is too. All of it. And if you both know what's good for you, turn around, and get the hell out of here. Go! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please, just go."

"You know where we'll be." He and Lily left.

Dean and Zach took another look at Sam's body and a tear fell from their eyes.

WOODS

Jake was sitting in a campsite with a fire burning. He was dozing off, but suddenly woke to see the Yellow-Eyed Demon standing in front of him.

"Howdy, Jake," the Yellow-Eyed Demon greeted.

"I'm -- I'm dreaming aren't I?" Jake asked.

"I've got a genius on my hands. Well congratulations, Jake. You're it -- last man standing. The American Idol. I have to admit -- You weren't the horse I was bettin' on, but still, I gotta give it to you."

"Go... to Hell."

"Been there... done that."

"Everything you put me through -- dragging me to that place, making me kill those people..."

"All part of the beauty pageant. Jake, I needed the strongest, and that's you."

"Needed me for what?"

"Oh, I got a laundry list of tasty things for you."

"The only thing I am going to do is wake up, hunt you down, and kill you myself."

"You know, others have tried. It's not easy. Trust me, Jake. You want to be a good little soldier, here."

"And if I'm not?"

"If you're a bad little soldier, well, that dear old mom of yours, that adorable little sister, I'll make certain that they both live long enough to know the chewy taste of their own intestines. No, Jake. I'm not bluffing."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Like I said -- genius."

MOTEL ROOM