chapter eleven

after a long quiet drive with the radio playing low , only this time Rue wasn't singing obnoxiously loud.
we finally arrived at house that had some cars parked around it , you could hear music and there was some balloons out side. we were at the party finally.

i pulled out my phone after not checking it for like an hour to see i had messages from my friends and my mom and the time was 11:00.

new years was in an hour.

                                         Aria
Aria
Vienna
??
Vienna ?
where the hell are you ?
you were supposed to meet me here at the party 30 minutes ago
are you still coming ?
Vienna

———————————————————————————

                                     Alex
Alex
yo ?
Vienna
you're late
wth ? wya ?
Vienna get your ass to the party
we're waiting

———————————————————————————

                                     Celia
Celia
girl wya ?
we've been waiting for a minute
r u still coming ?

———————————————————————————

                                     Mom
Mom
Vienna are you still with Rue ?
Vienna ?
Vienna answer me
wyd ?
Vienna!!!
i picked up Malia , where are you ?

———————————————————————————

reading through all my messages as i walked up to the house behind Rue.
we entered to see a lot of people standing around , dancing , drinking , smoking and etc.
there was a lot of people , i was nervous.
i was 14 at a party full of mostly 16-18 year olds.
there was some kids my age but only a few.

"Vienna where the hell were you?"
i turned and saw Aria , Alex and Celia walking towards me.
"oh yeah , we had to stop somewhere and it took longer than expected. i forgot to check my phone"
"yeah we were texting you"
"i know , i just seen them."
they nodded and then dragged me over to some chairs by a table , there was people kissing and looking desperate for sex all around.

i wasn't going to drink , i'm 14. and i have to go home and after not answering my mom , going home drunk is the worst thing i could do.

"you said we who's we ?"
i turned to Alex and said "huh?"
"a minute ago you said y'all had to stop somewhere , who ?"
"oh. me Rue , Fezco and his ... brother ?"
"who's Fezco?"
"Rue friend."
"oooo is he cute ?" aria said
"weirdly .. yeah. but he's like 18"
Alex laughed a little and said
"damn so your into older guys"
i rolled my eyes and shook my head saying
"i'm not into him Alex , i just find him attractive."
"isn't that the same thing ?" Celia replied
"no. you can have a crush on someone and not have feelings for them" Aria replied to her.
i nodded agreeing with what she said

"i'm boredddddd" Celia complained
"we're at a party" Alex said looking at her
"yeah well we're not doing anything"

i listen to my friends bickering while looking around at all the people around me.
i saw Maddy and Cassie standing near each other , Maddy looked so good.
Cassie looked wasted.

Rue was ... idk where she was.
Fezco was on a couch smoking weed.
Jules was dancing around with Kat and Lexi looked stressed.

"let's go outside" Aria said
"okay." i replied standing up from my chair.

we slowly made our way outside , pushing past the drunk teens dancing in our way.

making it outside i saw Fezcos brother ?
he was sitting around near people , handing them things. i couldn't see what they were.

i was bored. me and Aria was sitting on a couch outside , talking about random things and watching Celia and Alex dance around the pool.

i took out my phone responding to my mom as i forgot to earlier when i was reading them.

                                       Mom
Vienna
mom i'm sorry i forgot to check my phone.
i'm still with Rue , and okay. i love you

Aria turned to me and said
"was Fezco that guy you walked in with ?"
"the ginger one?"
i smiled a little at her calling him "the ginger one"
and nodded. "mm. where was his brother ?"
"next to him."
"the one was tattoos on his face ?"
"yeah." i continued to answer her questions.
she just nodded in response , turning her attention back to our two other friends.

i checked my phone time , 11:35 it read.
i turned to Aria and looked at her for a second.
she looked pretty.
"wanna dance ? i'm bored" i said
she turned to me smiling and said " yes !"
she grabbed my hand pulling me up and taking me inside where intoxicated teens were dancing.

we started dancing a bit , not doing too much to cause attention on us , just swaying on each other and doing random dance moves.

the music was actually louder than i had noticed.
"are you gonna drink tonight ?"
Aria yelled over the loud music.
"uh probably not , are you ?"
i yelled back.
she shook her head and continued to dance.
i turned around noticing Rue walk out of a hallway with a .. guy ? i thought Rue was gay?
she looked like she had just done more drugs than what she already had done. which was kinda impressive , she did all of that without passing out ?
i watched as the two went to the back yard.

checking my phone again as i got bored of dancing and i was getting tired. 11:45
Aria looked at my phone screen seeing the time and said "do you have a new year's kiss ?"
i laughed and shook my head and said "no , do you?"
she shook her head and sat next to me.

for this being one of the first party's i've went to , it's boring.
i looked over at Fezco who was now talking to Lexi , still on the couch he was on earlier.
i smiled at how smiley he was , he was blushing.
they were cute.
as the time hit 11:50 i watched as Fezco got up and walked over grabbing a liquor bottle and a red cup.
he was standing next to Nate Jacobs as he did so , talking to him. i didn't like Nate. pretty sure most people who had common since , didnt.
he acted like a high school jock from movies , he was rude and obnoxiously annoying.
i also didn't like him because i could tell he was toxic to Maddy , and controlling. she deserved something better than him.

as people started counting down for the clock to hit 12 and the new year begin , glass shattered.
i turned to my left again this time seeing Nate Jacobs getting literally beat to death by Fezco.
out of shock i stood up , Aria did the same thing watching the fight.
"OH SHIT" i heard Alex yell , he was overly excited while watching the fight.
Maddy and Cassie were trying to get Fezco off of Nate but he pushed two off , continuing.
i wasn't going to interfere. Nate deserved it and i didn't want to be involved.
as Fezco finally stopped , Maddy and Cassie and other people carried Nates bloody body outside.
i watched Fezco turn to look at Lexi before grabbing his sweater and walking off , leaving.

AUTHORS NOTES.
didn't read it over.
hope is was good ‼️‼️
drop your tiktoks i need friends 🙏