chapter 48

i got so bored over the 2 hours i was at Fezcos store.
mainly because i didn't do anything , just leaned on a counter and stood listening to Fezco and Rue talk. while also smelling weed for almost 30 minutes.

the smell didn't bother me. weirdly , i thought it smelt good.

i had texted Aria a little during the two hours , just to kill time. but the topic was mainly about me and ashtray , the fact i had to walk with him alone.

and now , i had to leave here in 5 minutes.

"Rue i have to leave in 5 minutes" i spoke up

"okay" she answered me , while nodding her head

"when i come back are you still gonna be here ?" i asked her , knowing she wouldn't be even if she said she would. but i still wanted to ask just so i k ew where to walk to first.

"i don't know" she answered me

i nodded , knowing that meant she wouldn't be.

i stood up , from leaning on the wall. and said "okay , i gotta start walking" i said to both Fezco and Rue.

"okay , bye V" Rue said

"alright , go get ash" Fezco said to me.
damn it. i thought by now he would've forgot.

i slowly nodded and walked to the freezer door.
this would be the first time i was going back here alone. i was shitting my pants.

"um are you ready ? Fezco said to come get you. i have to leave right now" i told him , standing right in front of the table he was always sitting at.

he sighed , rolling his eyes and standing up.

he didn't answer me , just stood up and walked out the door. i followed behind him.

"be careful" Fezco said as me and ashtray were now standing in front of him and Rue.

i nodded and said bye to both of them.

ashtray didn't say anything , just glared at Fezco.

i walked out the door first , ashtray following behind me. it was clear neither of us wanted to be walking together right now. but here we are.

neither of us said anything , i just walked to where i would have to meet Aria. at the stop sign i had been meeting her at since 8th grade. with ashtray following behind me.

i made sure not to look at him , although i did a couple times. just to make sure he was still behind me and just to look.

we made it to the stop sign , it wasn't that far of a walk since Fezcos store was closer to it than my house. i stood there next to ashtray awkwardly, in silence.

"what are we waiting here for ?" he asked me , this being the first thing he had said this whole time.

"waiting for my friend." i answered him , looking at his for the first time , i had been just glancing at him.

he nodded , looking at me and then in front of us.

"hey..." Aria said and she finally reached the stop sign. i know she took a long time on purpose.

"finally" i said as we started walking to the building we had to meet Alex and his friends at.

"sooo did y'all talk" Aria whispered to me as ashtray was walking behind us.

"once , he asked why we were waiting at the stop sign" i answered her

she nodded , turning to ashtray and saying "soo ashtray , how old are you ?" Aria said , trying to make conversation.

i shook my head at her , hoping she would stop.

"15." ashtray answered her. i looked at him kinda surprised he was older than me , but nodded.

"oh , me and Vienna is 14" she told him

he nodded , totally not interested in what she was saying.

the three of us walked in silence after that , until we reached the building , seeing all the boys were already there.

i looked at them , then at ashtray who looked like he wanted to leave right then and there.

"ashtray ?" Alex said , as me , Aria and ashtray walked up to all of them.

Alex saying this caused the rest of them to look at us.

"who's that ?" Leo said , quietly to Alex but i heard it.

"is that your boyfriend ?" Amir asked me

i shook my head immediately.

"damn Vienna you let him hit before me?" Kai said , laughing. i looked at him , now knowing he wasn't drunk and knew exactly what he doing that day.

i shook my head while Amir laughed and said "no."
ashtray stared at him , then looked at me for a little before looking away and just looking at all the boys in front of him.

"chill bro" Alex said to Kai

Aria shook her head at Amir laughing.

"alright let's go" Leo said before starting to walk somewhere.

i walked behind everyone , standing next to ashtray and Aria.

"where are we going ?" Aria asked the boys in front of us.

"a park , probably" Gabe answered her

me and her both nodded. ashtray just stayed silent , walking straight.

i didn't say anything , just listened to Alex and his friends talk.

"so Vienna who's that ?" Gabe said quietly to me , now walking next to me

"my friends , brother" i said , referring to Fezco.

he nodded and asked "are y'all a thing ?"

i shook my head and said "no."

he nodded again , going back to walk with Leo.

we made it to a park , it wasn't that big and no one else was here. they all walked to some benches that were there , under a little building thing.

me , ashtray and Aria followed them and sat down at one of the tables , listening to whatever they were talking about.

to be completely honest , i don't know why i come with them. we don't ever really do anything except talk and walk around and it gets boring fast.

ashtray hasnt said anything this whole time , mainly because they would only look at him , not say anything. ashtray looked pissed off , but he looked like like most of the time so i didn't know if he was actually mad or if that was just his resting face.

"hey bro" Alex said , leaving his friend and sitting next to ashtray.

ashtray moved his head , gesturing a "hey"

"why'd you come ?" Alex asked him

"had to." ashtray said , this being the first thing he had said to anyone , well other than me.

Alex nodded slowly, i guess he didn't know what else to say because he went back and sat next to Gabe and them.

some time went by , i honestly wanted to leave.
no one was saying anything to me , Aria and ashtray and it was boring.

AUTHORS NOTES.
continuing this , just later bc i'm ab to leave

ideas for the next chapters pls 🙏🙏🙏