chapter 90

i pulled out my phone , with my vision blurry from the tears. and immediately went to call Aria.
the first person that came to mind was her.

it rung multiple times before she picked up , "hello ?"

"Aria." i said , honestly relieved she answered me.

"are you okay ?" she spoke through the phone.

"are you home ? can i come over ?" i asked her.

"uh- i'm not home right now. what happen ?" she asked , i'm guessing she heard my voice and how it was different then how i sound when i'm not crying.

i sighed , sitting down on a curb. "it's okay. i got in a fight with my mom and left."

i heard a voice in the background , on her side.
"i'm sorry , V. i'll let you know when i'm home and you can come as soon as i am okay ?" she spoke.

"okay. thank you." i answered, hanging up.

i couldn't depend on that , her mom could say no even though she said i could come.
so i scrolled through my contacts , wiping my eyes so i could see better.

"Alex"
"Celia"
"Gabe"
"Natalie"
"Vanessa"
"Rue"

Rue. i clicked her name , calling her.
but it just rung. oh my fucking hell.

i scrolled over more of my contacts , mostly just being family and some other people that were in Celia's friend group. i sighed , i guess i'm just gonna have to sit here. i scrolled back up , just looking over them in case i missed anyone.
"ashtray" what ? when did i get his number ?

i decided not to call it , just in case.
so i texted the number.

ashtray
Vienna
is this ashtray ?

i didn't know for sure if it was , but i mean.. who else could it be ? and how the hell did i get his number ?

a minute later , they replied.

ashtray
ashtray
who's this

Vienna
Vienna.

ashtray
oh , yeah it's me.
you good ?

i smiled , honestly sooo relieved i was talking to anyone.

i texted him back , letting him know what happened.

ashtray
Vienna
yeah. me and my mom got into an argument and i left.

ashtray
wym you left ?

Vienna
like i left my house

ashtray
so wya ?
are you okay ?

Vienna
i'm okay. and i'm sitting on a curb lol

ashtray
get your ass here rn

Vienna
where are you ? the store ?
yes sir 🫡

ashtray
Vienna.
and yeah , i'm at the store still

Vienna
i'll be there.

i put my phone in my pocket , a HUGE smile on my face. he had to of been the one to put his number in my phone , because i don't remember asking him for it.

i got up , wiping some of the dry tears off my face so it wouldn't be noticeable i was crying.

i reached the store , opening the store door to be greeted with Fezco AND ashtray sitting by the counter. okay... he's never just waiting there.