chapter 82

Saturday.

todays the day of the party , im still set on not going.
i don't have any reason why i would go , and i was more scared to go than anything. although , the fact that ashtray was going made me want to go a little.
but i still wasn't.

i had been home all day , with Malia just doing random things since my mom was at work.

but now she was at Madelyn's , staying at her house tonight and a little tomorrow , since tomorrows Sunday.

so i decided on leaving , just to go somewhere.
if i did decided to go to that party.. it's in like 3 hours. so IF i do go , i have time to do something.

i walked out my door , just closing it then walking down the street , going to Fezcos store like usual.

i pulled out my phone from my pocket , texting my mom that i was gonna be with Aria , even though i was actually gonna be with ashtray. she didn't know who he was yet. so i couldn't tell her the truth.

reaching the store , i opened the door.
i smiled at Fezco.. and Faye. she's here for the first time in a while.

"hey kid." Fezco said , as always.

"hi." i answered him , getting a wave from Faye.
"hey Faye." i said to her.

"hi." she said , smiling a little. her big lips were very interesting.. but in a way i liked them. they fit her.

"ashtrays back there." Fezco said , filling the silence and pointing to the freezer door.

i nodded , walking there.

"hey." i said to ashtray , sitting on the chair in front of the table he always sat at.

"hey." he replied , looking at me.

"i'm so bored." i thought , out loud.

"so you came to see me ?" he asked me , sounding very cocky.

i rolled my eyes , "no." i answered even though i did.

"sure." he replied , sounding sarcastic.

i laid my head on the table , putting my hand on his , since it was on the table.

"i'm boredddd" i complained , before i felt ashtray move his hand away from mine which made me raise up , looking at me confused.

"what ?" he said , noticing my face.

"why'd you move your hand.." i asked , trying not to sound so clingy or something.

"i just moved my hand. i don't know." he shrugged his shoulders. he was definitely not saying the actual reason.

"you're lying." i pointed out.

he shook his head , letting out a sigh and the going silent for a long minute.

"what ?.." i asked him , waiting for him to finally say whatever he's holding in.

"look- i don't think this is gonna work." he finally let out. i felt my heart drop , we were fine yesterday.. what happen ?

"what ?" i said , wanting him to explain.

"Vienna.. it just won't work. this. us." he basically repeated , not giving me much of an explanation.
"us." if only he was saying that in a good way.

"what ? why ? we were fine yesterday." i said , genuinely confused. "we." what even are "we."

"Vienna , you're.. innocent. you have this whole life , and i'm a 15 year old drug dealer. i'm not good for you. it won't work , it can't work." the way he was already doubting it , hurt most.