chapter 66

it had been a few days since the party and ashtray coming to my house. my mom didn't find out about ashtray coming , at least she hasn't yet.
Malia said she wouldn't tell her because she "wanted me and ashtray to get together" and she said she thought he was nice. he was nice to her , i guess. he didn't talk to her much so i don't know.

i haven't left the house like my mom said. so i've been going to school , taking longer than usual to walk home , and then laying down all day.

i don't think my moms on my ass as much anymore , and she never said "you're grounded" so i want to ask if i can go hangout with Aria or just do something today.

weirdly , i wanted to hangout with ashtray.
i enjoyed his company when he was at my house , and when i was at his.
he wasn't a complete asshole like he was a couple weeks ago. but i still didn't know how i felt about all that , we weren't exactly friends. but i didn't hate him. i want to get to know him more actually , and it feels weird even thinking that.
a few weeks ago i wanted nothing to do with him , now ? i don't know.

i stayed clear of Kai , obviously seeing him around school but i never went by him. i haven't been around any of his friends. which means i haven't talked to Alex since the party too.
he's always around Kai now , so i'm not gonna be around him.

Aria has been talking about me and ashtray none stop. "you and ashey pooh are so cute"
"y'all was flirting !"
"you didn't see what i saw"
"he literally smiled at you when carrying you in the store. ashtray doesn't smile"

that line was still in my head , i wanted to see him smile and he did smile. at me. and since i was drunk , i don't remember it.

"mommmm" i wined to her , plopping down on her bed. i had been home all day and i was insanely bored.

she was watching her tv , paying no attention to me "what Vienna"

i put my hands in the air , "i'm bored"

she rolled her eyes , "don't start"

i know she's saying that being this had became a routine , i do this to her everyday.

i sighed , "well i'm bored mom" i said , hoping she would get the hint that i wanted to go do something

she turned to me , "are you gonna stop lying to me about where you're going ?"

i smiled , nervous. "yes"
that wasn't completely true , but i had to say yes.

she shook her head , "okay."

i jumped up , "i can go do something ?"
i asked , impatiently waiting for her to answer.

"sure. but you better answer your phone." she said , turning to me again.

i nodded , jogging to my room.
i was excited. i was leaving for the first time in days.
i didn't know where i was going but i just wanted to leave. usually i wouldn't care that i've been home for days , but when i HAD to be home it was different.

i put on my shoes , grabbing a random jacket and rushing to the door while pulling out my phone , texting Aria.

                                            Aria
Vienna
my mom let me leave the house 😇😇😇
let's hangout

Aria
i cant 😐
i'm at my nieces house baby sitting

Vienna
ugh

damn it. so what was i supposed to do now ?
Rue was probably busy ... doing whatever she does.
i didn't really want to hangout with Alex or Celia.
and Aria wasn't free.
Fezcos store is the last place i could go.

so that's where i started walking.
i feel like i've walked here so many time , it's core memory at this point.

i reached Fezcos store , opening the door and walking in with a smile.

"hey kid , you un grounded ?" Fezco said , smiling at me.

"yes" i answered , i was honestly happy to see him.

"so whatcu doin here ?" he asked me as i leaned on his counter.

"my friends are busy , i'm bored and un grounded so" i shrugged my shoulders.

"ash isn't busy , go hang with him" he said , moving his head towards the freezer.

i nodded , walking to the door.
i opened it , ashtray immediately looking up at the sound of the door opening.

"hi" i said , standing in front his table.

"you un grounded ?" he raised his eyebrow at the sight of me.

"yeah." i answered , sitting down on the chair that was basically , directly in front of where ashtray was sitting.

"whatcu doin here ?" he questioned , looking at me.

"i'm bored. Arias baby sitting." i leaned my head on my hand.

he nodded , looking at me.
god. just him looking at me made me nervous.

"let's do something. i'm bored" i said , repeating the "i'm bored"

he squinted his eyes , "what ?"

"i don't know. let's do something. like walk around or something." i said , pausing before saying ,
"anything."

he just stared at me for a couple seconds before saying , "alright." and standing up.

i stood up , following behind him as he walked out of the freezer.

"where y'all goin ?" Fezco questioned both of us.

"walking around" i answered , i wasn't sure what we was doing but that's what i told ashtray so.

he nodded , "be careful."

i smiled , i like how he always said that.

me and ashtray walked out the store , walking down a random street.

"we're seriously just gonna walk around ?" he asked me , turning to look at me.

"i don't know. what else is there to do ?" i shrugged my shoulders.

"i don't know." he said , looking back in front of him as we continued walking.

we walked in silence for a bit , it wasn't really an awkward silence. i liked it.

i saw a tall abandoned building with a latter on the side , ahead of us. i turned to ashtray and said
"cmon" and grabbed his arm , jogging to the abandoned building.

"what are you doing ?" he questioned me.

"we're going on the roof." i answered , making it to the ladder.

he didn't say anything , just put both of his hands on the ladder , climbing up.

i climbed up after him , looking up at him as i made it to the last ladder step , seeing him holding his hand out. i grabbed it , him pulling me on the roof.

it was dark outside , so it was dark up here.
but from here you can see buildings , cars passing by and a lot of lights. it was pretty.

i walked over , sitting down by the ledge.
i was scared of heights , so i didn't sit on the ledge.
ashtray sat next to me , looking down at the view.

i turned to him , then back to the view.

AUTHORS NOTES.

i haven't slept and i really can't sleep bc i have to be up for my sisters baby appointment 😀 gonna strangle myself