chapter fifteen

"hey Fez" Rue said as we walked into the store
this was my first time actually stepping foot in the store. i had been outside of it and saw inside but i was never inside. i had no reason to go here before i started being friends with Rue. there's another small store closer to my house than this one so i go to that one if i need anything.

"hey kid" Fezco replied sitting at the counter.
his voice was calming. he talked at a slow pace and lowly , most of the time. i saw him screaming at Rue the same night i met him so idk.

"oh hey Vienna , you're with Rue again ?"
i smiled at the fact he remembered my name.
idk for some reason i thought he would forget it , i talked to him once on new years. and he seems like a busy person , after what i saw he was a drug dealer. he had a business to run. so him remembering the name of a girl he talked to once ? in my mind , it's unlikely.

"hi , yeah." i said smiling , to which he returned a small smile back. Fezco is nice.

i looked up to see that blonde girl "Faye" sitting near him , she looked high. she was out of it. but she was smiling at me and Rue.
"hi again" she said. i smiled at her and said "hey"
weirdly , i felt comfortable around her and Fezco.
usually i would be trying to leave as soon as possible but Fezco was calm and didn't say much , though he was very nice. and Faye ... i didn't know her but i've been with her twice and she's been totally out of it both times. but she's nice , she smiles a lot.

"so what are y'all doin here ?" he asked looking at Rue then to me.
"yk just wanted to come around." Rue said sounding ... nervous ? i was curious why she sounded nervous.
i'm pretty sure she comes here often for drugs i mean he is her dealer right ?

i listened to the make small talk as Rue was trying to hint what's he was really here for. i know Fezco knows what she's actually here for but he's going along with it. the boy Fezco had called "ash" came to mind , where was he ?
i wondered if he was just Fezcos business partner or something. i didn't really want to see him , i was still embarrassed about the way he was to me.
it took everything in me to say those few words and he completely just embarrassed me.
even tho it wasn't actually that embarrassing , it felt so much worse in the moment.
i was in a closet , at a drug deal with someone i didn't know. and he was an asshole.

"Rue i know what you're here for."
is what took me out of my thoughts.
i looked up at Fezco kind of smiling , it wasn't funny they Rue still came to him for drugs. go to anyone for drugs at that. but you can tell Fezco cares for Rue and he doesn't like giving her stuff.
i was smiling at the fact i was right , he knew what Rue was here for and just went along with her small talk.
"okay.. good. soo is ashtray in the back ?"

ashtray ? what ? i hate that i knew a pretty good amount about Rue but i didn't know these things.
i hadn't met Fezco until new years , and now i don't know who or .. what ashtray is.

Fezco looked at her and sighed saying "yeah."
i watched as Rue walked over to the freezer and pulled open a door , that i didn't know was there.
and walked in.
i didn't follow her because i didn't know if i was supposed to. i didn't want to walk into something i would later regret.
so i was just standing there awkwardly with Fezco and Faye.
"you can go back there with her kid."
Fezco said making me looking up at him.
he moved his head signaling towards where Rue walked so i nodded and slowly walked over there.

opening the door , i saw Rue standing in front of .. a table ? i closed the freezer and walked standing next to Rue and was met with the boy from the passenger.
the boy from the closet , "ash"
so "ash" was short for ashtray ?
who the hell names their kid ashtray ?
and so Fezco and him are brothers ? unless their just friends .. very different age gap tho.
or business partners that are always together.

she looked up at me since i was standing and he was sitting at a table , he made eye contact with me for a second before i looked away. i looked and Rue and seen her looking at pills on the table.
she turned to me , putting her hand around my shoulder as she grabbed whatever she was getting and putting them in her pocket.
"oh hey you've met ash right ?"
she asked me looking at the boy in front of me.
i fucking jinxed myself. i thought to myself that i didn't want to see him again and boom here he is.
"uh kinda ?" i said slightly nervous.
i was nervous because of the fucking staring he was doing at me and Rue. he may be young but he was very intimidating.
"well. ash this is Vienna" she said taking her arm from around my shoulder and putting both her hands up and pointing at me.
(i hope that made sense)
he looked at me for a second and just nodded.
he doesn't talk much. i was curious as to why.
though , i would probably never know. i definitely wasn't gonna ask him.
"alright well thanks ash" she said after seconds of silence. she did a little salute and walked out of the freezer. he rolled his eyes and little and i walked out with her , making sure to follow closely behind.

walking out Rue said bye to Fezco and did a little wave to Faye. i smiled at both of them and said "bye"

AUHTORS NOTES.
life is so boring atm 🤬🤬

i need ideas asap 🙏🙏 help pls

enjoy !!