chapter 23

after a lot of swerving , and a lot of noise we were at the party.

"y'all made it !" Natalie said , opening the door for us
"yeah" Alex said , being the first to walk in.
and me the last. i just nodded in response

i made sure to stay close to Aria. i really didn't want to walk off alone. so i grabbed onto her arm and we walked further into the house , making it to where everyone was.

"you'll be fine Viennaaa" Aria said , turning to me.
i still had my hand on her arm.
"sure" is all i replied.

i was just standing there , looking around at all the people. i probably looked like an idiot.
i know i just looked nervous. i was. insanely nervous.
especially because so many people have already looked over at me. i hated that the most.

every time someone would look at me i felt judged.
so i kept my head down , that way i didn't see if people looked at me.

"cmon let's dance !" Aria yelled over the music
i looked at her , and started to open my mouth so i could answer but i was already getting pulled over to where other people were dancing.

i smiled a little and Aria was dancing on me.
i liked how confident she was. Aria was be insecure sometimes but she never really showed it. she didn't seem to care what other people thought of her.

Alex came over to us , dancing a little next to us.
i was actually having fun. i was hanging out with my three closet friends at a party. and even though i was literally shutting my pants from nervous-ness i was enjoying my time , more than i was at new years.

we continued dancing , until we walked off to sit down.
we sat at a couch and talked about random things , laughing when Alex would get up and talk to some girls he saw.
that was also something different than from the new years party , there was more people our age.
and even though most the kids here were 14-16 they were drinking and smoking all around.

i would , but i didn't want to loose control of myself.
i didn't want to take the chance of something happening. or going home intoxicated and my mom not letting me hangout with Alex and Aria again.
so i didn't.

-

it had now been two hours since i left my house.
i was bored. i had gotten up and danced again.
and i talked to a girl that came up to me. but i was now sitting down on a stool by a table that had weed and liquor.

i was thinking about how i haven't talked to Rue much since new years. she seemed to be .. busy ?
idk she was with her friend and Jules a lot now.

and i have been with Aria and Alex a lot. so i haven't really gotten the time to talk to her. so i decided to text her.

                                        Rue
Vienna
hey Rue
how are you ?
we haven't talked in a minute

i sent her three texts. i was worried for her honestly.
when we were talking everyday i knew what she was doing , what drugs she was taking. for the most part.
and now i don't. so i don't know how she is.

she took awhile to respond but texted back ,

                                         Rue
Rue
hey V
yeah i'm ok
how r u

i smiled at the fact she also texted three times.
she usually would just send one short text.

                                       Rue
Vienna
i'm okay.
do you wanna hangout soon ?

i honestly missed her. like i said before , i thought i'd Rue as a sister. and even though she was out of it 99% of the time , i liked being around her.

a couple minutes went by and she replied

                                         Rue
Rue
sure

that's what i mean when she would send one short message. i didn't care though , at least i was talking to her.

-

some time went by and Alex came and sat next to me

"im bored" he said putting all his attention on me
"me too. when are we leaving ?" i asked
"we can right now ? you want to ?" he asked me
"yeah. where's Aria?"
"i'll go get her." he said before getting up and walking somewhere

sooner or later he came back with Aria.
"you ready ?" she asked. i nodded and stood up.
we starting walking through the crowd of people , making our way to the door.
"who's taking us home ?" i asked them
"um i think vanessa" Alex said , opening the door
"she's still here ?" i asked again as we walked outside
"i don't know" Alex replied looking around to see if she was here or not. and and Aria did the same.
we didn't see her though so i don't know what we're gonna do. i couldn't call my mom , and i didn't know anyone else who could give us a ride.

"aye ! i'm over here y'all !" i heard someone yell
i looked over , seeing Vanessa sticking her head out of her car. it was parked on the road , almost in a alley. that's why i didn't see the car.

all three of us looked at each other before jogging to the car and hopping in.
i sat by Alex this time.
"you stayed here the whole time ?" Alex asked her
"nah. i came back a little bit ago" she answered him , pulling off
he nodded. i sat back , putting my head on the seat and listening to the radio.

i couldn't really tell if she was more .. stable ? or what but she was quiet this time.

AUTHORS NOTES.
1k reads 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽 ty ty ty

i'm gonna be writing a lot in the next couple hours.
(maybe 😭) and i'll write more tm and sunday.

enjoy !!