chapter 112

the first day back to school , after everything that went on the week before.

i was honestly DREADING going back. i just know i'm gonna constantly get stared at by Celia and her friend group , there's no telling what she's told them.

and i was nervous to see Aria also. i felt bad , i pushed her away for a week.

"i'm about to leave." i told ashtray , putting on
my shoes.

"your school stars this early ?" he raised his eyebrows , standing next to me.

"no , i gotta go home and change and stuff." i told him , i've been wearing his clothes for the past two days , it's great and all but i need my own.

"oh , what are you gonna do if your moms there ?" he asked me , walking behind me as i walked out his room.

i hadn't even thought about that until now.

"uhh , i don't know. we'll just see what happens i guess." i shrugged , seeing Fez walk into the living room.

"don't you need to be goin to school , kid ?" he asked me.

"yeah , i'm going right now." i nodded , waving at a very tired Faye , who's sitting on the couch.

"oh , alright. be safe , kid." he said , sitting down at the kitchen table with a bowl of cereal in front on him.

i nodded , opening the front door.

"text me or call me if something happens , alright ?" ashtray said , standing at the door so he can close it behind me.

"okay." i nodded , giving him a hug before taking a step back.

he gave me a quick kiss , before taking a step back and watching me walk away.

i was gonna say "i love you." but i was nervous , i haven't said that yet , other than 2 days ago. so i was waiting for him to say it first , he knows i love him , so that's good enough.

i walked closer to my house , seeing it ahead.

i'm nervous , like really nervous.
i haven't talked to my mom , in person at least.
yesterday i sent her text letting her know i was okay , and i was at Rues. even though i was at ashtrays , she was PISSED when Celia lied to her , saying that i had been staying there , so i couldn't even imagine how mad she would be if I told her i was staying there.
so i lied , just because when i did eventually go home , i didn't want to argue with her again.

i reached my house , seeing my moms car still there.
great.

i walked to my door , about to open it.

should i go through my window ? i feel like i should , maybe i can avoid her. but i also don't want to be avoiding her , i know i have to see her again sometime.

okay , i'm going through the front door.

"Vienna ?" Malia spoke , sitting on the couch.

"oh , hi." i smiled , walking to my room since i had little time to get ready.

"where have you been ?" she followed me.

"uhh , ashtray." i said , knowing my mom couldn't hear me.

"oh , okay." she said , sitting in my bed and watching me look for something to wear.

"have you been okay ?" i asked her , closing my closet door so i can change.

"yeah , have you ?" she asked me back.

"yeah. how's mom been ?" i was curious to know if she's told her anything , about me.

"she's been fine , she asked me if i knew where you were. i told her no." she nodded to herself , looking at me as i walked out of my closet.

"but i knew you were at ashtrays." she finished , making me laugh a little.

"so she's been okay ?" i changed my question , yeah i might me upset that she didn't believe me , but she's still my mom. i'll care about her no matter what.

"yeah." she said , shortly after i heard my moms voice.

"cmon Malia , i gotta get to work right after i drop you at school." she said , getting closer.

my heart dropped , im really nervous.

"where you at ?" she spoke again , walking even closer.

"Vienna ?" she saw me.

"hi mom." i smiled a little , out of nervousness.

she just looked at me , and shook her head.
"are y'all ready ?"

i was taken back with how she pushed it off , im surprised she didn't argue with me again or something.

"yeah." me and Malia both said , standing up.

i sat in the front seat , letting silence fill the car.

the good thing , my school if before Malias , so i'll be dropped off first. that way i won't be sitting in the car alone with my mom , if i was she would probably argue with me again.

"bye , i love y'all." i said , closing the car door and walking to the school doors.

i took a deep breathe , before fully walking in , going straight to my locker.

i opened it , sighing.

i don't usually go to my locker , i don't have anything to put in there or get out , so i usually go straight to class. but Celia's in my first class.

"where have you been all week , V ?" i heard Arias voice , then a hand on my shoulder.

"i have a lot to tell you." i sighed , relieved that she wasn't mad.

"talk." she nodded , walking with me , she's in my first hour too.

oh... i meant like after school. but sure.

"like right now ?" i asked.

"yes , i waited all week to know this." she was like demanding.

"okay.." and i went into the detail , telling her everything i could , before we got to class , but i was cut off when we reached the class room.

"i'll tell you the rest later." i said , going to my usual seat , which isn't far from Celia's.

i hadn't yet told Aria about Celia telling my mom lies , and basically snitching on me. so when i didn't wave at Celia like i usually would , she gave me a weird look.

but i ignored it , also trying to make it seem like i didn't give a shit about Celia , even though that was false.

AUTHORS NOTES.

i'm still writing more like "filler" chapters until i come up with how to end it , i want to maybe do something exciting like i don't wanna end it off with "it's been awhile now" or something like that yk.
so if you have any ideas for me , tell me them please 🙏

i'll be writing more for this book in the next couple days. for the next book though , i have some ideas but i just don't know if i'm gonna start it RIGHT after this one ends , like i might take a couple days to sit and take a short break , but i'm not gonna take a long time to start it , i promise. (it's just the next like 2 weeks i have state testing so idk if i'll have time)

but idk i'll see how everything goes and i'll lyk in the next couple chapters my plans for this book and the next , (i also have 2 other books in mind i'll write but those aren't gonna be published for a long time , just letting y'all know i'll have other book after this one and the next)

okay bye now , just an update ! 💟