chapter 64

"are you my sisters boyfriend ?" Malia raised her eyebrow at ashtray. she had already asked him this before , she knows the answer is no.

"no." ashtray answered her , looking directly at her.
that was another thing i had noticed about ashtray , when he would talk to someone he would make direct eye contact. that made me nervous.

i nodded , agreeing with ashtray.

"you should be" Malia said , shrugging her shoulders and looking around the room.

i looked down at her , the fuck does she mean ?

"what ?" i questioned.

"y'all should date." Malia answered me , putting her hands up like i was dumb.

"no." i said , there was no chance me and ashtray would date. a few days ago i was sure i really disliked him. and now .. we're still not even friends.

ashtray didn't say anything , he just nodded.

i felt my phone buzz , my mom texted me.
she was probably telling me i needed to start heading home.

Mom
Mom
i'm going to Jeremiah's. i left the door unlocked.
i'm not kidding about what i said Vienna , don't be going anywhere other than that store.
love you.

so me and Malia will be home alone by the time we get back home , and i can't leave after i get there.
great.

i texted her back ,
Vienna
okay. we're about to leave. i love you too

and turned my attention back to Malia , seeing she was now sitting on a bean bag chair , asking ashtray things.

i sighed , sitting next to her. i have a feeling we're not about to leave.

"was you at the party she was at last night ?" Malia questioned him , she sounds grown right now.

ashtray nodded , looking at her and then me.

i sat my phone on ashtrays table , turning to Malia.
"mom is going to Jeremiah's so we're gonna be home alone" i informed her.

"okay" she answered me and then turned to me again , "so can we stay here a little longer then ?"

"i guess." i answered her.

"okay." she turned away from me , to ashtray.
"are your tattoos real?"

i smiled thinking about how i had asked him that same question.

"yeah." he answered her , nodding his head.

"ooo did it hurt ? i want a tattoo" she smiled at him.
Malia you're 7.

"kind of." he answered , repeating what he answered me with.

"can you give me one ?" she asked.

i turned to her , raising my eyebrows.

"Malia no." she is 7 years old what ?

"how old are you ?" he squinted his eyes at her.

i feel like he shouldn't be the one to ask her that.. he's 15 with face tattoos.

"7." she answered , like that was a proper age to get a tattoo.

"you're too young." again maybe he shouldn't be the one to tell her that.

she huffed , turning to attention to me.
"are you gonna get a tattoo ?"

"right now ? no. i'm 14 Malia." i said that even though i did want one , but i was scared of how much it would hurt. and if i ended up getting something dumb that i would regret later on , or my mom find out. because she obviously wouldn't let me get one.

"mm okay." she said , looking away from me.

"are you ready to go ?" i asked her , wanting to go home and lay down.

"yeah. bye" she answered me and then said bye to ashtray.

"bye." he answered her , looking at me.

i waved , walking out the door and going over to Fezco so he could scan Malias things.

i pulled out 10 dollars , grabbing the bag and saying "bye" to Fezco.

"bye kid. be careful." he said as me and Malia walked out the door.

"that boys nice. you should date him." Malia said , repeating herself from earlier.

"i don't like him Malia." i told her so she could drop it. because if not she'll be on my ass about it.

"sure." she said , like she didn't believe me.

"where were you last night ?" she asked me , looking at me.

"i told you. a party." did she already forget what i told her ?

"i know. i'm talking about , you were gone all night. where did you sleep ?" she said , grabbing the bag from me.

"oh. i stayed with Aria." i repeated the lie i told my mom.

"oh okay." she answered me.

finally reaching the house i walked in , locking the door after Malia walked in.

she had already ran off to her room by the time i turned around. i sighed , going to grab my phone from my pocket but it wasn't there. fucking hell. i left it with ashtray. and i really didn't want to walk all the way back there.
fuck what if my moms texting me. i need my phone.

i sighed again , going to Malias room.
"i left my phone there on accident" i told her

"are you gonna walk there again ?" she asked me , opening the candy she got.

"i don't want to but i need my phone." i said , hoping she would maybe walk with me again.

"i don't want to go" she said before i could even ask her.

"you can't be home alone Malia." i said , my mom would get me in even more trouble if i left again and left Malia home alone.

"it'll only be for a little. i'll be okay." she said , looking at her tv.

i shook my head , standing up. "i'll just go get it later."

AUTHORS NOTES.

any ideas ?? 🙏🙏 help pls