【06】Bookworm Meets Beggar

06.2 BOOKWORM MEETS BEGGAR

Two warriors were guarding at the massive-opened doors of the hall. Inside the hall, nobles were assembled in the presence of their king.

There was nothing much to be seen in that assembly hall except for a gigantic stone table placing on four steps above the ground at the centre of the hall. Thick lit candles on the stands were riveted on the walls in a row.

"His Majesty, we searched everywhere but couldn't find any traces of Witches." There was an essence of confidence in the noble's tone.

"Are you sure, you searched in every corner of Western Nation with enough scrutiny?" Zior raised his eye-balls and looked staright into the noble's eyes.

It felt like a razor to the noble as if Zior's gaze was piercing the truth out of him.

Noble began to avert his eyes from him. "Uh-..Um..Y-Yes Of course!"

Zior rested his palm gently on the table, thin crack-lines began to draw as he touched the table. Golden urjah was emanating through the cracks swayed their locks.

A piercing scratch sound resonated throughout the hall when the table itself started etching words. Golden urjah faded as Zior lifted his hand from the table.

He waved his hand toward the table looking at noble. "Show me then...on the map." His gaze sent the same vibes to the noble like before.

Noble licked his dried lips and nodded his head. A miniature-army carved on the table at his behest as he waved his hand. He moved the miniature a little forward by the gesture of his hand.

He made the miniature stop at one of the words etched on the table. "I sent my search party to The Manyama Forest but we couldn't find any leads."

Another Noble did the same as him. "His Majesty, my search party followed The Prajina River, they found only some villages along the river but there were no signs of witches."

Zior sighed dispiritedly. "And....any words from Adhija?"

"It's been four weeks since he went to Southern Nation but still we got no response from him."

Zior punched the table so hard that it made echo across the Hall. 'He went there despite my refusal.'

After venting out the anger he did face palm "Assembly dismiss!!"

Nobles bowed and left. He took off his crown, laid his palms on the table and lowered his head.

"You look upset."

He raised his head to see who was talking to him. "Manzu! Why were you not in the assembly today?"

Hearing this question Manzu remembered how he got into a quarrel in the morning with kamoor. But at the end, Kamoor won.

And the quarrel was over whether to give a dog to Hanroh or not!!

Manzu shook his head getting exasperated. "Don't even ask me."

Zior chuckled. "Now you seem more upset than me."

"A king should not make fun of his Advisor." He said being do dull.

Zior gently pushed Manzu. "Come on, we were best friend before we became King and Advisor."

"Yeah...Yeah. So did The Nobles tell you any good news?"

Zior rested his hand on Manzu's shoulder, he eyes became so stern as if all the glee had stolen form them. "Don't ask me about this. We still didn't find Witches' whereabouts and there is still no response from Adhija. My father and many others made this peace at the cost of their life. But what if someday Witches came out of nowhere and unbalanced this peace. That's why; I'll pull them off from wherever they are hiding before they start doing everything in their own way"