Wattpad Original
There are 79 more free parts

companion

noun ~ person or animal with whom one spends a lot of time with

"Nova!"

My head spun around to catch the vastly approaching figure of Charlie. I smiled at his approach, noting the fading red in his hair was bright as ever. Calida's prank had gone well, meaning Charlie's hair no longer was the same brown, but a wonderful mix of bright red and brown strands. Calida also failed to mention that the dye was permanent, meaning Charlie was stuck with bright red hair for the past three weeks. It was gradually starting to fade since he constantly washed it, but still amused me, nonetheless.

"Yes?" I asked.

He stopped beside me, taking my elbow in his hand. "Have you seen Phoenix?"

I frowned shaking my head. "No... why?"

"What are you doing right now?" He rushed, nervously looking around.

I glanced down at my lunch with an amused smirk. "Playing golf."

He scoffed at my joke. "Hilarious, Luna."

My appetite had surprisingly increased with the slight swelling of my stomach. I still couldn't stand breakfast and threw up in the mornings, but lunches were becoming normal again. It was nice to be relatively normal.

I snorted to myself, causing Charlie to give me a weird look.

"What do you want Phoenix for anyway?" I mumbled.

"I just wanted to see if he was around."

I lowered my sandwich, spinning around to face him. "Why?"

He blinked more times than necessary to be innocent. "Well, I just wanted to see if you were okay. With Phoenix working so much..."

Didn't really answer my question...

"You're not making much sense..." I pointed out.

He groaned, his head falling onto his shoulders. "Okay fine, I came to see if you were alright."

"I'm fine... I thought you wanted Phoenix."

His nose twitched, a sign of agitation. "I wanted to see if he was with you."

"Charlie..." I warned.

"Well, nice talk Nova. Bye!" He rushed before grinning.

I didn't get another word in before he ran from the room and out of the back door. I stared at the door as it slammed closed, utter confusion overtaking me. That conversation may as well never had happened, since none of it made any sense.

Finishing my sandwich with a scowl, I downed the rest of my milkshake before setting my things in one of the dishwashers. Brushing off the imaginary crumbs, I licked my lips and followed him out of the door he escaped out of. I made sure to grab a coat, hat and decent boots before stumbling from the door.

One bonus about being pregnant is the over sensitive nose.

Following Charlie's scent I found him over by the training fields, talking to Phoenix. Both of them were overwatching wolves train as they whispered to each other. Phoenix was shirtless, clad in nothing but some grey cotton shorts I couldn't help but let my eyes wander. It was winter, but he and his damn genes ran hot and didn't feel the twitch of cold.

I greedily licked my lips, following the trails of fuzzy hair and sweat as they beaded down the plains of his stomach and into the waistband of his shorts. My eyes rose higher, taking in the sharper lines of his chest and collarbone before trailing down his shoulders. I felt my fingers twitch, wanting nothing more than to grab hold of them and not let go. He moved his head to correct someone and my mark shone a dull white in comparison to his tanned skin. His hair was tousled, a little shorter because he trimmed it after Charlie got chewing gum in his hair.