Wattpad Original
There are 62 more free parts

eve

noun ~ the period of time before an event or occasion

I came back to the present when a firm hand pressed against my knee. Inhaling sharply, I rubbed my eyes to come face to face with Aldren and Phoenix. The pair of them were staring down at me with concern but Aldren seemed more curious than my mate.

"Are you okay?" The red head wondered.

I licked my suddenly dry lips, nodding. "I had a vision."

He grinned. "That's great! Want to talk about it?"

"It was nothing really." I shook my head. "Just grandmother and Mum talking about me and Pollux."

His eyebrow quirked before he stood from his chair. "Well, same time tomorrow?"

"Thank you." I breathed.

He nodded once, clapping his hand on the back of Phoenix's shoulder before leaving. When the door shut behind him, Phoenix came to stand where Aldren once sat. It was silent as he ran his eyes along my face, a slight frown marring his features. I did the same to him, taking in the freshly washed hair and clothes, he may as well be sparkling with how clean he was.

"What are you doing in here?" I eventually asked.

"Training is over, I thought I'd come find you for lunch." He softly spoke. "Then I found you passed out and Aldren said you'd been like that for an hour."

My eyes bulged. "An hour?"

"He said it's because you're so new to the gift it takes time to navigate." He frowned. "I know you by now Nova, and I know you lied about what you saw."

My nose crinkled, a slight shrug about to take off when Phoenix caught the movement and narrowed his eyes. I sighed, relaxing them instead as I fiddled with a loose thread on my top's seam.

Speaking quietly, I answered him briefly. "I didn't completely lie. They were talking about my gift and how to safely hide it. My Mum was on edge, and they asked Angela for help."

"I see." He hummed. "You don't have to tell me it all, let's go for food first."

Smiling in agreement, I took his outstretched hand and he pulled me to my feet. Leaving the garden room, the smell of food grew stronger as we walked down the hallway. My hand tightened on Phoenix's as we grow closer and he chuckled at my excitement.

"What? Being in a vision is hard work." I teased.

"I believe you, my love." He smirked as we finally reached the kitchen.

The next few days passed by in a blur and before I knew it, it was the morning of Christmas Eve.

The house was buzzing with energy, something I felt come alive within the pack bond. People were scurrying around, decorating the house with various assortments of winter-themed trinkets. We had put the tree up the night before last; a huge eight-foot-tall monstrosity that Sean claims he can get back in the ground before it dies. That was currently sat in the main living area, covered in white fairy lights and red and green baubles and beadings.

The smell of fresh pine hit me every time I came downstairs, a comforting scent that had my stomach doing flips. I'd often seek out the tree just to sniff it, Phoenix called it my latest pregnancy quirk.

It's where I currently was, sniffing the tree as I 'rearranged' some of the furniture in time for tomorrow. I already had a morning vision session with Aldren but ever since seeing the one about hiding my gift, I had come up short. He had blamed it on my lack of concentration, and the buzzing energy of the house, but I was becoming frustrated.