Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

babies

noun ~ a young or newly born child

The next day, after a cosy night's sleep with my mate, I found myself in Kate's office.

Lying on the cool sheets of the hospital bed, I waited for her arrival. She had been busy lately, preparing for so many babies that were due the next few weeks, but I was glad that she could squeeze me in. It may seem like Phoenix was the only one worried, but I have noticed a rather sluggish feeling from the twins.

The door creaked open, Kate waddling her way into the room. She was not as large as Molly. Being half human, she would most likely have a smaller baby. She winced every time she turned, her hand resting on the side of her stomach.

"Morning, Alpha, Luna. Glad to see you back in one piece." Kate chimed, coming to adjust all the machinery.

Phoenix nodded, but I eyed her with concern. "Are you okay?"

She smiled tightly at me, nodding. "I am fine."

Phoenix, who was previously wandering the room aimlessly, came to sit beside me. His hand interlaced with my own as he sat in the armchair, autumn eyes settling on our Doctor. My eyes drifted to where she held her stomach and she caught the motion, sighing.

"Little miss has a bad habit of sitting on a particular nerve in my left leg." She admitted. "I get terrible cramp and lightning crotch, all of which you may experience yet."

I grimaced at her wide smile, crossing my arms. "Thanks for the reminder."

She laughed softly, shaking her head. "Let's see that bump then."

Releasing Phoenix's hand, I rolled my shirt up and tucked my leggings into my pant line. It was the easiest and best way to prevent the terribly sticky goo from going on my clothes.

"I see you have upgraded to maternity leggings." She chirped, rubbing her hands together. "Welcome to the club. You may never get out of it."

I laughed, my bare bump rocking with the motion. "They are very comfortable. The grandma pants too."

Kate snickered, shooting a glance to Phoenix as her hands came to rest on my stomach. I breathed softer as she cupped and moved her hands around my bump, wincing sometimes when it felt strange. She rocked a certain spot at one point, looking up at me with a wide grin.

"That is somebody's butt."

Phoenix chuckled from beside me as my face flushed. Kate moved on, moving further down the side of me until she located the other twin.

Pulling her hands away from me, she typed a few things into her computer. "So one twin is more toward the back than the other, and both are still butt down."

"Which means?" Phoenix wondered.

"No sign of getting into position yet." She smiled. "Did you find anything about pregnancy whilst you were... with family?"

I smiled softly at her awkward expression. So far, nobody had mentioned our time away so pointedly. Most feared what Phoenix would say or do, and I didn't blame them; the man didn't like to be seen as weak. Getting kidnapped definitely bruised his Alpha ego.

Celimene snorted with amusement, telling me how Phoenix was not that tough. It caused Phoenix's honey eyes to narrow as he shot me a glare at the comment.

"I was told my mother carried to twenty-six weeks, and my maternal aunt carried to thirty-six."

Kate's eyes widened. "Was your aunt carrying twins too?"

"No, only singular." I shrugged.

She exhaled lowly. "So we could expect them in as little as six weeks."