Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

nesting

adjective~ a pregnant person's instinctive need to take control of their environment in preparationfor birth

"I don't think I like that there after all." I shook my head, frowning.

Sean groaned, slumping his body across the solid wood table. I quirked an eyebrow at him, looking to James to find him perfectly poker. Was it something I said?

"Nova, please." Sean begged. "No more."

My eyebrows furrowed, misunderstanding. "I thought you were happy to help me move things?"

He sighed. "I was, until you just asked us to move the world's heaviest table for the fourth time!"

I huffed. "It is not that heavy."

He rose from the table, smacking the wood. "Oh yeah? Wanna come and lift it?"

A small growl of annoyance left my lips. "Fine. Move it back and you can leave."

"Don't have to tell me twice." He muttered.

I glared into the side of his head as he and James shifted the table the other way around, placing it against the wall. As soon as it was in place, Sean was marching up the stairs. I followed him, James trailing quietly behind me.

"Hey! You're actually going?"

"Yes. I am tired. I have been here for seven hours, Nova."

"Oh." I mumbled, biting my lip as we reached the bedroom level. "I didn't realise it was that long. I was so busy..."

"Doing what, exactly? I am hungry, and just want to go home, Nova. I'm sorry." He sighed.

He kept going, and I hurried after him, my sock clad feet sliding on the wood.

"Sean, wait, please." I begged, widening my eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise. I just wanted this done!"

"Yeah, I know, Nova. I get it." He grunted, reaching the top step.

"Wait, please, I made some-

My words were cut off when my foot slipped on the carpeted stairs. A gasp of surprise left me as I tripped, my back taking the impact as I slipped down the three steps I had climbed. Sharp shooting pains rocked my spine as I slumped at the bottom of the stairs.

I whimpered with pain, my wolf pacing with anxiety.

Dammit, not again.

"Nova! Fucking hell!" Sean cursed.

I heard his footsteps run down the stairs, accompanied by James, who had only just wandered his way up here. We truly must've been running at some speed if James was so far behind.

Sean's hands reached me first, pulling me so I was sitting and not sprawled across the bottom step. James took my legs, straightening them out. A yelp of pain escaped me as it caused my spine to spasm, tears pooling in my eyes.

"What were you thinking?" Sean snapped. "Running up stairs is not a safe thing to do, you know Aldren's worry."

Despite the pain, I glared at him with annoyance. "I was just following you! I didn't want you to go like that!"

His grey eyes searched mine, turning from a hard glare to sympathy as he sighed softly. His hands wrapped around me, muttering about helping me stand. Another cry of pain escaped me as they pulled me upright, and I clung onto James' shoulders as he straightened my legs.

"Are you okay, Luna?" He wondered.

I exhaled shakily, leaning fully on Sean. I was glad the men in my life were large, grateful even, for the werewolf gene. Because a fat, pregnant hippo needed a magnificent wall to lean on.