Wattpad Original
There are 33 more free parts

crash

verb ~ collide violently with an obstacle

TW;
fear of crashing

(I've marked the worst part and there is a brief two sentence summary at the end if you wanna skip this chapter)

I tensed as I fell into Phoenix's lap, unfazed by the large growl that escaped my mate. He held me tightly, his arms wrapped around my middle. I stared at Pollux with confusion, fear starting to eat up my very soul.

"What about the pilot?" I worried.

Pollux blinked slowly, muttering. "Something's not right."

Phoenix's growl was cut short as he commanded Sean to go and find out. The air hostess was quick to let him through to the cockpit and there were jumbled shouts and conversations that I could not decipher through the pulsating of my heart in my ears.

Phoenix's grip tightened on me when Sean came walking back in. He was eerily pale, his eyes glazed over as he communicated with the male behind me. I felt Phoenix's heart sore as a brief feeling of scared concern shot through the bond before he closed me off.

"What is it?" I whispered.

No one answered me, the two males seeming to have a conversation of their own. My guards too, I noticed, were also sat with glazed-over eyes. I growled lowly, the fear suffocating my lungs as I was left in the dark. Pollux was rod straight in the walkway, his eyes wide as he stared out of the window.

"Pollux?" I wondered.

No answer.

My agitation grew, and my claws extended from my hand as my body fought with adrenaline. It was a natural reaction, and I couldn't help what happened next as they tore into the back of Phoenix's arms.

"What is going on?" I snapped.

He jerked from beneath me, the entire plane being released from their link.

"I'm sorry, my love," Phoenix muttered.

"Don't you 'my love' me, what is going on?" I growled.

He looked down at me with shock but I held my glare and fought back the need to hyperventilate or run away. He swallowed, the bob in his throat noticeable from where I sat.

"One of the engines is down."

My heart constricted before pounding wildly in my chest. Claws retracting, I settled my palms across my stomach, the urge to protect shooting through me.

"W-what do you mean down?" I blinked.

Sean answered me, Phoenix was too cut off for me to get a good read from him. "The left engine has lost all connectivity. It is not responding to any emergency protocols and they cannot get it back online."

"Are we going to crash?" I whispered, a lump forming in my throat.

"We should be fine," Phoenix answered me. "You can land a plane with only one engine."

I felt slightly relieved at that fact, feeling some of the adrenaline start to disappear.

Pollux jolted then, his head shaking as his eyes filled with fear. "I knew I hated flying. I knew I would."

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

A loud alarm suddenly filled the cockpit. The door was still wedged open by the air hostess which meant the room was no longer soundproof. My head whipped to the side so quickly, eyes wide as I saw so many lights flood the dashboard.