Wattpad Original
There are 57 more free parts

thoughtful

adjective ~carefully considerate; absorbed in thought

After our sweet embrace, Phoenix pulled away and held me at arms length. A small smile graced his lips now and his eyes flashed with his wolf before be jerked his head.

"You haven't even seen the rest of the house yet." He murmured.

I raised my eyebrows. "There's even more?"

"Of course." He laughed. "The twins have a closet and bathroom for a start."

I didn't even realise that there was another door in the room and with a small hum of realisation, I walked through it. It leads into a small room illuminated by a single bulb. To my left were two railings stacked above each other; a double wardrobe in a way. But in front of me were two slight chest of drawers with soft cream baby change mats on top. An empty wooden shelf hung out of reach that housed small tubs that I assumed would keep supplies. Everything was empty, waiting to be filled with baby clothes.

Baby clothes.

How exciting.

To the right of me was another door, and I pushed it open to find myself in another bathroom. It was quaint, with a lower sink to my right, a tall window dead ahead, and a shower over bath to my left. There was even a toilet, with a step and built in baby seat. The walls were painted a soft blue, a random rubber duck sitting on the bath tap that I couldn't help but squeeze as I explored.

Phoenix followed me quietly as I left the room and stood back in the hallway. A gentle push on my lower back had me inching towards the staircase once more. I must've been to delirious to even notice the other staircase before. Directly from where we came down from the living floor, was another staircase going further.

"A basement?" I wondered.

"You will see." He laughed.

I carefully scaled the stairs, these ones slightly narrower than the main staircase. The large windows continued and I found myself staring out at the darkening sky until I hit the bottom step. They were different formats down here, instead of being one huge piece of glass, they were  multiple huge pieces of glass housed in frames.

Interesting...

Spinning my head around, I inhaled sharply when I took in the room.

It was another living space, only this one had carpet that wasn't so thick. A three seater sofa sat against the far wall, opposing the large windows that lead to outside. There was nothing else in here but the lights and a small sideboard to my left.

"Another living room?" I asked curiously.

"Better." Phoenix grinned, taking large stride to a door on the far side.

I followed slowly behind him, wondering what he was about to show me next. I frowned when I saw the outline of a window, covered by a dark blind on the other side. He pushed the door open, the smell of new wood hitting my nose.

Stepping inside, I came face to face with yet another huge window, only this one was ground level. Phoenix turned on another light, turning the place from sombre to hospital grade fluorescence. I jerked at the sudden intrusion, used to the soft glow of the rest of the house.

There, in the centre of the room was an enormous desk. It was the length of two put together, much like our office in the pack house, only wider. It housed two computers, two phones and two luxurious looking chairs. Opposite the desk were filing cabinets and a good sized blue arm chair.

"Another office?"

"I figured." He cleared his throat. "That if we ever have to work, we can come down here and the window..."