Wattpad Original
There are 68 more free parts

present

adjective ~ existing or occurring now

I woke the next morning with a satisfied smile on my face. Phoenix and I had spent the together watching a movie. Now, you can't ask me what movie it was because after a wonderful head massage I fell asleep in his lap. I woke in the night for the toilet and found him fast asleep and the moon high in the sky. I had climbed back into his arms and settled down once more, to wake up to a surprisingly bright day.

The bright day put me into a good mood and to top it off, I didn't wake up too nauseous, just enough that I could handle. Phoenix had watched me get ready with a small smile on his face, already dressed and ready as I fretted about what I was going to do today. It was Thursday, so he was on training duty. Now, the training I could easily make a pass at, but a walk? That sounded good.

Taking his hand, I hauled him from the bed. He followed me with ease, his larger frame covering my back as we walked down the hallway and stairs. We entered the kitchen, and I decided to take control, making him sit at the kitchen island. He didn't have to start training until ten, so he had plenty of time to eat. They made it later in the winter and early in the summer because they didn't want to work out when it was boiling, and give themselves some slack in the winter.

I rummaged through the cupboards, pulling out some bread and eggs. Setting up a frying pan, I came to Phoenix with a wide grin. He chuckled, shaking his head and resting his chin on his hand, elbow to the table. I made myself busy, cooking French toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and of course, an entire packet of bacon for my mate.

I was just setting his plate down, accompanied by a coffee when our newest guest walked into the kitchen accompanied by my twin.

"Morning." I chirped.

Pollux raised an eyebrow. "Since when were you so happy in the morning?"

I shrugged. "Today feels good."

He hummed but didn't comment further, going over to the coffee machine. I slid in beside my mate, my strawberry milkshake and toast at hand.

"Help yourself." I pointed to the leftovers. "I made plenty."

Aldren thanked me, taking a few portions of toast and the rest of the bacon. I watched him quietly as I ate my breakfast, snorting when Pollux refused the food Aldren tried to feed him. He felt like an older brother figure, perhaps even a father figure, always concerned about our wellbeing. If I recall correctly, he was in his eighties, so that is plenty of time to become an old man inside.

"So, five days until Christmas." Aldren hummed, leaning against the counter. "Doing anything special? Do werewolves celebrate?"

I nodded. "Christmas eve the entire pack is going on a hunt to catch dinner for the next day. We're hoping for some wild boar or turkey."

"You mean you are." Pollux snorted.

I narrowed my eyes at him, chewing my toast to prevent myself from saying anything to further provoke him. He grinned at me, flashing me a wink before walking out of the room with his coffee. Pollux hardly drank coffee, so he must've had a rough night...

"Nova?"

I snapped my eyes from my twin's back, looking back into those sky blue ones of my cousin. "Yeah?"

He smiled softly. "I asked what did you do after that."

"Oh," I mumbled. "Sorry I tend to drift off."

"Don't worry about it." He sniffed, taking a sip of his hot drink.

"Well, after an evening of the hunting, we prepare the meat and slow cook it. Then Christmas day we are going to have a great feast, then give gifts in the mid-afternoon to evening." I explained with a wide grin.