Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

stroll

verb ~ to walk in a leisurely way

Despite my over-eager appetite to get the house ready, Phoenix had me on a strict lock down. Not only did I have to keep my mind-link open because of my 'accident prone lifestyle', I was not allowed to run in the house, nor handle anything sharp. He even tried to disallow the use of the oven and hob, but I made him realise how ridiculous that would be if I were hungry.

He soon realised that hungry pregnant Nova was not a good fight to battle.

So here I was, ten days later, bored out of my mind and stuck inside a house on 'bed rest'. Even Kate had encouraged the rest, claiming it would be better for me to stretch and preparing my body for birth. She was silly, of course she was. I would not have these babies right now! I had tried to ignore the desperate need to relax myself, my back and hips aching every morning I woke up. But my stubbornness had wavered, and I had given into the lack of work. I was officially on maternity time; no work, no commitments, just staying in a house bored all day.

After the first few days of denial, I had rather enjoyed my time alone. I got back to watching Netflix with Molly, Calida and Rose, and even called the twins, Miley and Maisie, around to have tea. I had yet to speak with Calida-wanting it to be a private conversation.

It was nice having my friends back, but after the period of fascination ended, I felt bored.

I watched no end of movies and have read about eight books.

I was always tired, and everything ached. I assumed by toes have become wiped from extinction, the inability to touch or even see past my bump had grown worse.

Our home was becoming a jail, and I wanted nothing more than to be out of it.

"So... that's why I called you here today." I said aloud, turning to my guests.

Kate blinked her tired eyes at me. "Those babies are stretching you thin. Take it steady."

"I will." I beamed. "I will walk along the path."

Phoenix grunted from beside her, eyeing the doctor with betrayal. "But what if she trips and falls? It is hazardous!"

"I will have someone with me." I shook my head.

"Who? I would like to know." He rolled his eyes.

I sighed, exasperated. "I don't know. Whoever is free!"

"The walk isn't that long." Kate pointed out. "It took me about six minutes, double that for a pregnant woman."

I grinned, agreeing. "Exactly. It's just a simple stroll to the pack house for dinner and back."

"What if you tire?"

"On a ten-minute walk? Doubt it." I shrugged.

Kate pursed her lips, eyeing my bump. "I suppose it would do you some good. It will help move the labour on too. Walking and sex are the best remedies!"

My nose crinkled at the mention of any form of sexual activity. It had been a while since we had even attempted it. Phoenix would come home late and I would already be asleep. The moments we were together never called for a right time.

"So, we are letting her do this? So close to the end?" Phoenix grumbled.

Kate smiled softly, turning to him. "I know you are worried, Alpha, but it will be good. It will get things moving and boost her wellbeing."

"It is very lonely and depressing alone all day." I added, giving him a sad puppy look.

His amber eyes narrowed at me, holding my gaze until he finally sighed. Shoulders sagging, he ran a hand through his stubble.