Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

capability

noun ~ the power or ability to do something

Phoenix entering the room distracted me from my bored thoughts and I watched him as he rounded the bed. He had a tray in his hand, small puffs of steam coming from a large bowl and plate. My eyes widened as the scent of my stew hit me, followed by freshly cooked bread.

Where did he get the bread from?

"Let me help you sit up." He murmured, setting the tray on the bedside.

My hands clung to his shoulders as he softly slid me up the mattress and rearranged the pillows so I was more comfortable. Asking if I was okay, I responded with an eager yes before he passed me my food. I had made a chicken and vegetable stew, the chicken soft with a hint of spice. I devoured the fresh bread; it being one of the first things to go.

Phoenix had watched me for a moment before excusing himself into the bathroom. By the time I finished, he came out of the en-suite enrobed in a towel. I swallowed my drink loudly, watching the water droplets run down his chest.

Goodness me, this man was exquisite.

"Don't give me those eyes, little mate." Phoenix warned. "I do not want to hurt you again."

I frowned, knowing he was right. My body reacted strongly to him, my mind already conjuring up ideas.

"My back isn't that bad..."

He chuckled, shaking his head, water flying from the damp strands. "Your libido is crazy."

My eyes narrowed. "Is that an insult?"

His laughter ricocheted around the room. "The opposite, my love. It means I get to devour you even more."

I grinned, giggling at his teasing. "My, my, Mr wolf, is it I or you who are the hungriest?"

Phoenix rolled his eyes, taking the tray from my lap and dropping his towel. "Shall we find out?"

I barely had a chance to breath before Phoenix was on top of me. I clutched at his bare my shoulders, pulling him in close to secure his lips with my own. I sighed softly, embracing the warmth of his body. He kept his weight from me, his arms pressing into the mattress either side of my shoulders.

When he pulled away, his eyes were a dark hazel and I was sure my cheeks were flushed with desire.

"You need to tell me when it hurts too much." He demanded, narrowing his eyes on me.

I inhaled deeply, his deeper, more authoritative tone doing nothing but drive me crazier. "I will."

"Good girl." He smirked.

I groaned, exasperated as my head fell further back into the pillows. His body moved, the mattress shifting with his weight until he was between my legs. I felt his hands snaked down my knees to my hips before slowing sliding my clothes from my body. Once bare before him, he began to kiss along my legs and thighs, leaving soft love bites in his wake.

Sighing, I relaxed into the bed, my eyes fluttering closed. I felt him move to my stomach, kissing along my sore skin before moving to my chest. He was respectful, pecking my breast and shoulders with as much care as his hands. He moved to my arms, kissing my bicep before kissing my wrist and repeating with the other side. A soft laugh escaped me as he set my hand down, and I peeked an eye open to find him hovering above me.

My face was next to be practically slobbered on, his lips kissing my cheeks, nose, chin and ears before finally capturing my lips. Already a melted puddle, I accepted his kiss as his hands stroked my jaw and hair. He was so far away, not wanting to put any weight on me and it made me whine. I grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling him closer until he was pressed into me.