Wattpad Original
There are 23 more free parts

diversion

noun ~ an instance of turning something aside from its course

"Are you alright, dear?" A voice called to me.

I gasped for breath, stumbling away from the hand that was wrapped around mine. My bleary eyes blinked, finding Gaia stood with her arms outstretched. My hands fell to my stomach when the twins moved, shifting their weight to let me know they were there.

"Nova?"

I blinked, shaking my head to clear the fog. I was still in the cabin, with Sean stood concerned behind Gaia. I licked my lips, my mouth feeling dry as I straightened my back.

"Are you okay?" Sean wondered.

I shook my head, but smiled weakly. "I'm okay, just another vision."

"Another?" Gaia wondered, curious. "Are you okay? Magic usually triggers magic. I apologise, dear."

I swallowed heavily. "It's okay. It's hard to control lately."

"Probably all the stress, dear. It makes magic go haywire. When I was pregnant, I would often find things being set on fire." She chuckled softly.

I faux laughed, shaking off the fuzziness of the vision. I still felt shaky, my body unprepared for being back in reality. I turned to Sean, who was watching me with barely contained reserve.

"How long was I out?"

"Barely ten seconds."

I let out a long, low breath. "That fast? It was so much longer in my head."

He winced a smile, his eyes darting to Gaia with reservation when she stepped toward me. I nervously licked my lips, reaching for her again. I had a new plan in mind.

"Take me to the crash site." I narrowed my eyes, daring her to protest.

Her eyebrows rose with curiosity, but it was Sean who interjected, pushing his way between the two of us.

"I think not."

"I will be quick. I just need something." I shook my head. "Trust me, Sean. Please."

"I just don't think that it's wise..."

I growled at him, straightening my shoulders. "Sean, I am going to find something and I will be right back, trust me. Stay here and wait for me."

His jaw tensed, but with a begrudging huff, he nodded. "Five minutes."

I smiled softly at him before turning to Gaia. "To the crash site, please, Gaia."

She nodded, smiling timidly as she took my hand. I let out a sigh of relief when I stayed where I was, and Gaia grinned before tightening her hold. With both her hands in mine, I closed my eyes as the world around me shifted. I felt like I was tumbling, like those moments in bed where you feel you are falling from a cliff in your sleep. Only to have my feet hit the ground with an unsteady thump, as freezing cold air brushed my face.

I groaned at the feeling, fighting back my vomit as usual. The scent of fuel was still strong, some warmth still coming from what remained of the crash. I assumed it would burn for a while; the embers being buried beneath untouched ash.

"What is it you require, dear?"

"I will look myself, if that is okay."

She cocked her head but nodded once. "Very well..."

I had to remain open. I couldn't choose a direct path. Changing my mind at the last minute to come here was one part, but to find what I was looking for, I would have to keep my tracks sparse. I looked through what little luggage was lying around, coming across half burnt clothes and belongings. It took me a couple of minutes before I found my bag.